“Great location - Loved it”
Review of Grand Seas Resort

Grand Seas Resort
Ranked #36 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Fenton, Missouri
“Great location - Loved it”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Grand Seas seems to have been one of those older 60's style hotels that they are in the process of renovating. A great deal of money has been spent on the pool deck, ammenities, bedding, curtains etc. The rooms were nice and clean except for the floors. I don't think they mop them regularly. The staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. There was wi-fi in the rooms but coverage is sporatic. BEWARE of the "presentation" they offer you at check-in is a rip-off. They promised a $50 gift card for local restaurants and a weeks vacation or $100 gift card for local restaurants. At the end of the presentation there was NOTHING!!!! While they promised to deliver the card before we left no one produced the gift cards. While the resort claims they have nothing to do with the vacation club they direct you to their desk upon check-in. Talk about bad PR!!! Overall a good experience, loved the beach just stay away from the presentation.

Room Tip: If there are more than four people I would recommend upgrading to a two bedroom. The higher up you...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dianeq_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Tranquity, NJ
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel should be avoided. I do not even know where to start! The room was very dirty. We complained about the bugs we were told we could spend $30 to have the room cleaned. There was a pill capsule on the kitchen window sill that we repeatedly asked to have removed. We threw the pill away after two weeks. Furniture is extremely worn. Constant phone messages to sell some type of cruise program. We empty our own grabage and took our towel to the laundry daily. When we turned bathroom light on in middle of night you could watch bugs scatter. Main desk staff was polite but really did not want to hear complaints. None of the employees seemed happy and absolutely no one said hello or good morning unless spoken to first. The only plus was the Grille located in the hotel. The wait staff in the Grille was very friendly and helpful. We were unfortunately at this hotel, not a resort by any standard, for two weeks. We will not go back!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BohanDonner

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We were very dissatisfied with our exchange the week of 12/26/11. We picked this resort based on Interval Internationals Premier Resort rating and photos of the resort, but we found ourselves in a 2 bedroom unit that was less than desirable. Our view was only of the loud, busy main road, there was stuffing coming out of the box springs in two of the beds, large rip in the carpet, food crumbs under one bed, TV was over 15 yrs old, etc. There was a dog staying on the unit next door. By looking in the windows of the units facing the beach, we could tell that these units were more updated with flat screen TVs and modern decor. We talked with the staff about moving to one of these units, but we were told all of the beach front units were full because of the holiday week. We were offered one beach front unit which was only 1 bedroom (too small for our family) for a cost of $150 extra. We left after the first night. The reviews of this hotel vary drastically. If you plan to stay here, make sure you are guaranteed a unit in the main building of the resort facing the ocean. These units look very nice, and had we been able to stay there, I'm sure our review would be much different. I assumed we would get a beach front unit based on the pictures of this resort, but there is a perpendicular row of units attached to this beach front resort that are from an older hotel which do not offer a glimpse of the ocean. These units are not shown in any of the hotel photos. Ask first so that you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you request and are guaranteed a unit in the beach front building. There is a perpendicula...
7 Thank MissingMauiNC
Hayward
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We booked this through Interval. Even though we did not have a balcony (4th floor), the window opened up and we had a magnificent view of the ocean. Staff is very friendly and try to be helpful. One complaint is that our bedroom window was next to the hallway light and shone into our room; the closed blinds did not do the trick. The hallway light must have been on a timer; staff were unable to turn it off. Their solution was to give us a thick blanket to cover up our window from the inside, which did help.
No ants or bugs, and all appliances worked.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UpNorthWoman
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was so nervous after I booked a week here through Interval. I usually do all my research ahead of time, but I didn't do any research until after I booked and was very concerned about what our vacation would look like. I originally booked a one-bedroom unit, but had to call about another Interval reservation and the Interval rep said there was a two-bedroom unit available so he reserved that for me instead.

When we arrived, the desk staff was very nice. I was tired after a long day of driving and they realized that and quickly got me all the information I needed. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a room on the ground floor with a patio. Much to our daughter's delight, our patio went right out to the mini golf course. I'm accustomed to beach properties as my parents have a large private home on the Caribbean and I've vacationed at some pretty exclusive beach locations around the world. There are some things I have experienced, no matter what level of resort I've been at...I've had a scorpion in my bathroom at the Ritz; I've had a cockroach in my room at the Atlantis; I've been stung by jelly fish on the beach outside my resort in Mexico. Based on the reviews of the Grand Seas, I was prepared to be overwhelmed by bugs, malfunctioning appliances, dirty rooms, etc, and I was surprised that this was not the case at all. My daughter is deathly afraid of bugs and she is always on the prowl, but we had not a single bug in our unit during our entire week. Our appliances worked perfectly. The ice maker pumped out ice to keep our drinks cool all week. Our jacuzzi tub was awesome. My husband thought the bed was a bit firm, which I actually liked, and I thought the pillows were a little too fluffy, which he actually liked. The bedroom our daughter had bordered the parking lot and I was concerned about the noise as she is a very light sleeper, but she slept straight through every night without a problem. We went to the on-site restaurant one night for tacos, but the tacos didn't look that appetizing, so we walked across the street to Ruby Tuesday's instead. We did have lunch one day in the restaurant and it was good and the staff was very nice and efficient. The tile floor does for some reason make your feet dirty. We put two hand towels down on the floor in two places in our unit and that seemed to keep our feet cleaner.

We did the timeshare sales pitch, which I always agree to (and my husband hates!). My parents own with seven different companies and I manage their properties and this program is one of the worst I've seen. We didn't buy and I will say the free promotions they give you are the cheapest I've ever seen as well. But, it was just a small bit of time during our fabulous week. We walked the beach every day, built sandcastles, soaked up the sun, played mini golf, listened to the karaoke on Friday night, and watched our daughter delight in playing in the pools. Overall, we had a perfect week!

7 Thank Raisehell
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Looking at their web site the property appeared very nice. This appearance was far from the truth. We had a two bedroom unit which was small and uncomfortable. A small table attached to the wall was all we could eat from. There were bugs all over the place requiring the pest control company to come and rectify. The kitchen was dirty with some of the appliances not working. We were on the ground floor which had the advantage of having a patio adjacent to the children's play area. The upper floors have no balcony. The second bedroom, which was not en-suite, was against the walkway to the car park, and as people started walking by with their baggage as early as 4.30 a.m., it was impossible to get a good night's sleep. The front desk staff tried their best to help, but to no avail. It appeared that the cleaners did not clean beneath anything, nor above eye level. Although we had two rooms, we were only allowed one parking place. Our recommendation is "Stay away at all costs".

Room Tip: Do not try.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank IanH792
Westland, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I am sitting in my 5 star resort room right now. Its nasty. The floors are gritty, we are on the 5th floor. The couch is stained, the corners are dirty and there are tiny ants in the kitchen. The kitchen is set up horribly and the overall feel of the room is dirty. There is long white hairs everywhere and dark hairs in the tubs.

I LOVE the resturant. The man that works down there is so friendly and is really good with the kids.

Nothing looks like the pictures. The beach is covered in seaweed and my 3 and 5 year old were stung by man o wars right outside on the beach yesterday. I asked the lobby what it was that stung them and they had no idea. I had to take them to the ER and have them treated then had to tell the lobby what it was that did the stinging. Treating a man o war sting as a jelly fish sting can be lethal. I just don't like being lied to when we are driving all the way from Michigan and then get here and its nothing like they said. I am very thankful though that there were not roachs and the beach is beautiful. Overall we are making due because apparently being a member of the timeshare for 20 years gets you crappy condos but I will say this I hope they get their acts together and stop lying so people can actually enjoy their trips instead of being upset about them.

4 Thank Megan H
Emerald Shores Hotel
Emerald Shores Hotel
#18 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel

Been to Grand Seas Resort? Share your experiences!