“Interval exchange and a nice suprise”
Review of Grand Seas Resort

Grand Seas Resort
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My home resort is Harborside at Atlantis, so I am used to a more upscale timeshare experiece so based on the previous reviews my expectations were exceedingly low. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Grand Seas Resort. The lobby, our first impression, was nicely decorated and had a more modern feel than I imagined. The front desk was polite and checked me in quickly and offered us some great coupons.

I was nervous about our room based on reviews and user photos, but it was really nice. We had a ocean front studio on the fifth floor which is basically a room with a bed, high-top dining table with chairs, couch, nice large flat screen and dvd and a small but usable kitchen on one side. The supply coffee machine dinnerware, cookware and even dish detergent. It is advertised to sleep four, (one bed- one pull out couch) but I myself think it would be tight with with adults and two kids and just uncomfortable with four adults. You would have zero privacy. Opt for a one bedroom studio, that has an actual bedroom if that is the case or two bedroom.

One con is that the mattress was awful. Thin and hollow in the middle, so you keep rolling into the center, but otherwise we had no issues. The a/c ran nice and cold and in the morning, but sometimes it was nice to have the window open to pick up the strong ocean breeze.

The hotel features, one indoor pool and hot tub and outside, two large pools and one small splash pool for little ones, with a new jungle gym to the side. We used the hotel's gym most mornings and while the machines are packed tightly and some stuff a little older, all worked and my boyfriend found the weight machines to be satisfactory for his needs.

You can drop your towels and linens off anytime and get new ones from the nice ladies in the laundry facility, and generally clean once a week. Also, luggage carts are convenient to grab without having to keep tipping someone to do it for you.

The pool also featured a Tiki bar which was nice if you want a drink or food from the onsite restaurant Gilligan'sand. They ran daily specials so you did not feel ripped off by hotel prices. I can drink $2.00 PBR any day. We did have lunch outside one day and the fish sandwich was awesome! My bf also enjoyed his burger and the prices were about $8-$10 a sandwich. The bartenders were nice and helpful.

While it is a private resort people did come in and out of the beach gates and seemed to use the facilities at will. There were no lifeguards or security, so the place was kind of at your own risk. My phone was stolen right of my lounge chair so be extra careful.

To sum up the trip, Daytona itself is pretty boring in September, but I could see us taking the kids there. I always thought it was more of a rednecky place full of bikers and strip clubs, but could have not been more wrong. It was like a cleaner Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. I learned that they are in a process of renovating and all rooms were NOT...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephcharleston70

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at the grand seas in August. rooms are filthy pools are dirtythere is NO internet service even though they say there is in there brochure. The air cionditioner can not keep up with keeping the room cool. all the furniture is old and worn out, the pool area is full of people that are not staying at the resort. You have been warned if you stay here you will be sorry!!!!!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank vwbug69
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We exchanges our timeshare week for this "five star" resort. It was absolutely NOT five star, more like three star, at best. Elevators and hallways stunk-moldy smelling. Room was ok, but nothing to write home about. Everything was old and dated. Had to have maintenance up three times to fix running toliet (twice) and then the handle actually broke off of the toliet? Pools were ok and not too crowded but hated that the umbrellas were all taken up at five o'clock every day. Did not really enjoy the whole Daytona Beach atmosphere-expected something more like Mrytle Beach. Best part of the entire trip was the restaurant on site- Gilligans. The staff was great and food was decent for prices.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived at The Grand Seas Resort earlier than our check in however the man at the desk was more than happy to let us know that our room was available.The room had a beautiful view of the beach & pool and was aslo very clean!My brother and sister in law came with us and we went to Charlie Horse for dinner which was very good.We decided rather than drive everywhere we would get a trolley pass for $3.00 each and was good for 24 hours.Saturday night we went down to the Boardwalk where they had a live band and later a fireworks show.At night we walked along the beach and in the morning watched the sun come up.It was a great weekend for all and I would do it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnMarie M
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We went on a family vacation for spring break. Both out door pools were frigid, they don't even put solar covers on them. One person dared to mo in the pool and screamed and got out extremely fast it was so cold. The ocean in April was warmer than the pools. The kiddie pool was very small and the adults would sit I the kiddie pool. The front desk staff was rude, timeshare sales kept calling our room, it was a pain to get our parking pass we had to wait in a long line to see time share sales to get our parking pass. The room was dirty, furniture needed replacing. Please if you are considering booking, look elsewhere!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen K
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It's way to long to list, just want OUT ! Dirty, front desk needs nicer people. Call and just as bad if not worse. Can be the worst place beach side. Kids pool is repulsive. Adult pool are sandy and filthy, ants all over cool deck. Machines , video games don't work most of the time. Steps going down to the beach a hazard full of sand, never cleaned. Bar & Restrant O.K. Other then that a dump!

Room Tip: Don't Go !
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MaryA7447
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I've read some of the reviews and I am a little shocked by the negative comments. I've stayed several places in Daytona and this was one of the nicest, especially for the price. It's a great family place with plenty of pool area and slides for the kids. Our room was very nice and clean. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends! If you want to stay at a 5 star resort then go stay there and pay for it. But as far as an average family vacation spot with nice rooms and pools, you can't go wrong staying at the Grand Seas Resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family