“Pass on This Property”
Review of Grand Seas Resort

Grand Seas Resort
Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is in a decent beachfront location of Daytona Beach. However, it has definitely seen better days. You can tell the property was once beautiful, however, it is now worn and tired. Some things were small, like the weeds growing in the cracks on our patio, to the broken awning over our patio, to the waterslide that had a broken handle. But other things were larger, like the double sized beds in the room with old mattresses and springs that creaked loudly every time you moved, to the poor insullation. The hallways are concrete, so every time somebody went by with a luggage cart of just talking, the noise echoed down the hall.

My bigger issue with this property is the customer service. I had booked and paid for the room through Interval International. The room was for up to 4 adults. I knew I could only stay 2 nights and I did not want the room to go to waste, so I invited another couple to stay the last 5 nights. There was about a six hour time lapse between me leaving the room and the other couple coming in. I had the room thoroughly cleaned with new sheets, towels, etc. I explained to the morning front desk staff that I was leaving, but that my friends would be arriving in a few hours. I left the keys and pool bracelets with the staff and they said they would leave a note for the afternoon staff. When my friends arrived, they were told by the afternoon staff that a housekeeping fee would have to be paid and that they were going to send an emergency staff in to clean the room. Mind you, this was amongst friends and I had already had the room cleaned. We did NOT request for the room to be re-cleaned, since we never checked out of the room and had it for a full week. Nonetheless, the front desk charged my credit card for the housekeeping fee and refused to remove it. The whole scenario was unacceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlobalTrekkers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I checked into the Grand Seas Resort on Memorial day weekend for a two night stay. I chose a oceanfront/ocean view room with King size bed.[ St Lucia room- 1 bed room]. It had all that i needed for this stay. Full size fridge, small apt size oven[ but worked for what I needed it to do], a dishwasher, plates, cups,utensils etc.. the bathroom had a deep jacuzzi tub/shower and it had a sofa and table with chairs and a bedroom. What else do you really need? I was one person, but found that a couple would be fine in this type of room. I was overlooking the pool area and ocean. Unbelievable views. The elevator was tricky to find, and it is SLOW!! but works fine[ I wasn't in a rush]. they have a few pools. One kiddie one, and one good sized pool with slide[ under 100 lbs weight limit :(] there is enough deck chaise's for everyone, and if you feel cramped in the pool area- there is always the beach[ ten steps away. ] Be aware that cars can drive on the beach. Condo was decorated nicely. But the steps and the grounds could use some sprucing up[ new paint etc]. But as long as I am comfortable, and the room is clean. I am a happy camper. There is free parking at this resort[ for only ONE CAR PER ROOM],however, there is a resort fee of $3.00 per day that is paid at the end of your stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 2008[ faced the big pool and is ocean front/ ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We've been timeshare owners at the Grand Seas in Daytona Beach since 1997 and now own 2 2 bedroom units there. Last year we bought into the Diamond International timeshare for a lot more locations. We share all our time with our kids and grandkids and everyone enjoys their time at any place we've gone. If at anytime we have a problem, staff immediately responds. The only negative we have is sometimes the unit floors should be given a better scrub down weekly and the pool security should be more readily available. Too many parents don't attend to their child/children running on a slippery deck, or jumping from the rocks. Other than that, we very much enjoy our timeshares. We have 4 units booked for this August.

Room Tip: Husband enjoys the high floors to observe the shrimp boats at night. South end has the playground...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aspen2100
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Drove 2 hours to have an unprofessional and rude front desk agent tell us our reservation should have been canceled by sales and marketing. Then she proceeds to tell us that we can pay for our room, when it should have been free through the vacation club presentation. She was snotty, and rude. They took our deposit and we have yet to be refunded. What a rip off. Paid money to another resort that tells us Grand Seas Resort has a bad reputation in the beach. We experienced it first hand and have yet to hear back from a manager. No wonder they get BAD REVIEWS. Wouldn't stay here if someone paid me too.

Room Tip: Awful customer service. Wouldn't stay here if someone paid me to.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather Y
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I live in Orlando Florida and we spend several weekends every summer at the resort. It is very clean and spacious. My kids love the water slides & playground, I enjoy the outside bar & beautiful ocean view. The beach is easy to access and the location is great because its close to the boardwalk, but yet not near as much traffic on that end of the beach. The prices are unbeatable!! We get the 1 bedroom suite to have privacy from the children and it cost less than a regular room at other hotels that aren't near as nice. The only downfall is no balconies!! It is a bit hard to book last minute, but a few weeks in advance is never a problem even during the summer. I highly recommend Grand Seas and from the other comments glad I never considered timeshare!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KarmaBrake
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed a week at the Daytona Grand Seas Resort to escape the longest Ohio winter in our recent memory. Although the weather was less than cooperative our stay was amazing.

The rooms were big and bright and the view was BREATHTAKING. Everybody was very friendly and helpful, any question was answered quickly. We'll stay again. :)

Great value and beautiful beachfront view.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey V
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked this "resort" through my timeshare. I have always been beyond pleased with the places I've stayed but this one shouldn't even be available to timeshare owners. They have only a few one and two bedroom units so I wound up with a studio. The view of the ocean was wonderful but that's all I can say about the place. The tiles and counter tops were worn and stained. I had to ask for an iron and ironing board and there was no laundry facility. The restaurant was a joke. Very limited menu, poor wine selection, bad lighting and it was always cold in there. The staff was friendly but that's all I can say about the place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo