“Horrible Experience !”

GreenLeadersSilver level
U>S>A>
“Horrible Experience !”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While driving from Ft Lauderdale to Georgia I encountered automobile difficulties.. It was at night and being on I95 not a friendly place at that time. I decided to try and make it over to US1 and find a place to stay..Took me until 2am to finally get to this place..needless to say, I was very, very tired at this time. the check in was a horror show.. disinterested young lady at desk, never looked in the eye, like a drill sergeant with the questions. I had to sign 3 or 4 papers, who knows what I signed ? had to initial 3 or 4 times ? was given a rubber band to put on my wrist and told that if I checked out without returning this worthless piece I would be charged $5.00.
No decency, respect or civil manor or attitude was expressed..felt like a criminal.

After sleeping 4 hours I was ready to find a Mercedes dealer and move on. The breakfast room, about the size of two walk-in closets was one of slim pickings to say the least.These free breakfasts are not much to start with but this one was a joke.

When I went across the bridge to the beach, oh how I wish I would have turned right instead of left and found the decent places of accommodation.

The room was clean, bed comfortable..heating , air unit sounded like a spaceship taking off..I had to shut off completely to even think about sleeping.

Would sleep on the beach before ever considering this place again. By far , the most awful check in-out experience ever.. Many reviews here have raved about Mike.. How I wish Mike was on duty when I arrived. That young lady needs to be sent packing.

Room Tip: Go south and find a nice place
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel. I do apologize for giving you the impression that any of our Front Desk Staff were any less than thrilled to have you as our Guest. I have tried to look up your account and can't find it under your review name. If you would like to give me a call and we can discuss this personally that would be wonderful this way I know with whom it was you were checked in by. I consider our Staff to be one of the greatest so I want to make sure everyone is functioning at their full potential. I would also like to speak to you about the breakfast I know our room is small (holds 40) but we have such a huge variety of hot and cold foods I am surprised to read that you were not satisfied with it. I do hope you will contact me and again I do apologize for any misunderstandings that took place while staying with us.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Fort Mill SC
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I travel extensively and use exclusively choicehotels.com. This property was very clean, great location, a wonderful experience overall. Most of the rooms come with a balcony, city and oceanfront view. Parking layout is great, and very safe. Mike at the front desk is very knowledgable and courteous. The water pressure was perfect and the hot water came was available instantly. My room came with two comfortable beds, I believe queen size. The room also included a decent size fridge and a microwave. The ice machines are positioned conveniently next to the elevators, the swimming pool and immediate area are super clean. The first thing I've noticed in the morning was the hotel staff busy watering the plants and maintaining the garden. Breakfast was included, with variety of fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, cold eggs, waffle maker and hot omelette/sausage links. To my surprise, there were two staff members in the breakfast area making sure the guests were taking care of. This oceanfront property is close to all of the Daytona attractions, recommended for short and long term stays. The management is definitely on top of things at this property, I look forward to booking this choicehotels property while in the area. Gene Z., SC

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gene Z
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel. We strive daily to ensure each Guest has a wonderful experience and it is so nice to hear that we meet your expectations. I do hope you will continue to make us your vacation destination.

York, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Good value, especially with off season pricing and friendly and helpful staff, Mike was especially helpful. Rooms were a little humid, but what you might expect on the beach. Pool was average but great beach access. One thing lacking was the lack of a workout room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always nice to hear when we have achieved our goal in making your vacation as perfect as we can. Michael was excited to see his name mentioned he says thank you. We hope to see you again in the near future and thanking you for making us your vacation destination.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was great! The rooms were awesome Two Comfy huge beds Nice kitchen area! Location was great!!! Breakfast was busy but you can tell the breakfast girl was working hard and she kept a smile on no matter how many people asked her for something! The whole staff was great! From check-in - check-out!! Thank you Comfort Suites! Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always nice to hear when we have achieved our goal in making your vacation as perfect as we can. The Breakfast Staff said thank you! We hope to see you again in the near future and thanking you for making us your vacation destination.

Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2013

i recently went to daytona beach to relax away from the day to day stress. i wanted to be comfortable yet be able to budget my spending. The front desk associate (mike) was awesome. he was very sociable, and was able to help get me in a room that my fiance and i was very impressed with. the room was very clean. the pool area was kept up very well. the view from the room was great. i strongly recomend that you stay at this hotel. if mike is at the desk tell him benjamin said hey.

Room Tip: room 222 had a great view of the pool area and the ocean view was incredible
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Angelahearn, General Manager at Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that we made your experience a great one. The Staff and I look forward to serving you again in the near future and as always continue to make us your vacation destination.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Is My 2ND Time Coming Here & I Enjoy Staying here. My Room Was Nice & Clean.The Staff Is Very friendly & The Breakfast Is Good. I Have A Great View Of The Ocean. Also May I Add The Pictures Online On How Everything Looks Is real Keep Up The Good Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013

Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was a disappointing hotel stay-to be a Comfort Inn...it really did not give the comfort...we ask for a room with balcony and we didn't get...and to get the balcony after we checked in the hotel they wanted more money-surprised - nope' ..we had no table to eat on...limited parking-that was terrible' just to say I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone...not even for buy one get one free' it was one good thing the short walk down to the beach'

Room Tip: Please verify/verify/verify your reservation so you get what you ask for...this was my birthday week...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zonita j
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is very disappointing to the Staff and I that your stay was less than a perfect experience. I would highly recommend when booking a room if over the internet to contact us after booking so you can speak with a Staff member here to ensure you have the room type you wanted. All of our rooms are different prices so if it is not the same type unit it could be less or more expensive. All the choices are listed for you on any of our third party website and all the reservationist are trained to give you the different options. I do apologize for any misunderstanding and I hope you will reconsider and come stay with us again in the near future.