“Don't Stay Here”

Ranked #23 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
DeLand, Florida
“Don't Stay Here”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I reserved a room with a king size bed. I had looked at the gallery of pictures on their web site. The rooms shown with king size beds were spacious. When I arrived in the room is was extremely small. The distance between the bed and either was only about 2 feet and the length was about 15 to 16 feet. Their reservations commitment is 4 PM check in. When I called and asked about early check on all I was told was 4 PM. I asked if there was an estimate how soon before 4 PM my room might be available. Again "the guarantee is 4 PM." Obviously all rooms vacated by 11 am couldn't all Miraculously couldn't be cleaned and ready at the same time. The one good thing was the hot free breakfast. The selection was excellent and the attendance asked the customers if she could carry their plates to the table and if she could take trash from the table.
"

Room Tip: See my previous comment.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Walt1930
Angelahearn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when trying to check in. Our policy at this location is 4:00pm guaranteed check in but when you arrive we do all your paper work and give you everything except keys. We ask for a cell phone number and we call when it is ready. We also alert Housekeeping that you are on site so we can expedite the cleaning process to get you placed early if possible. Again, I do apologize if you were not told this or if this process was not done with your check in. If you have the time to call me I would like to discuss further so I can find out more about the associate that helped you so I can help her/him understand the policy here a little better so we know for all other future Guest including yourself hopefully.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very out dated and had a musty smell, have stayed at other Comfort Inns, but would never stay at this one again,.was given a rubber band to put on my wrist and told that if I checked out without returning this piece I would be charged $5.00. I lost
mine and they did charge me the 5.00

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. Our Hotel is older but full of personality and Great Customer care which is why we do the wrist bands for your protection. We are able to keep our prices down if we keep our cost down which includes breakfast cost. The bands are to be worn while in the Breakfast Room 6:30-9:30am and on the pool deck from 8:00am-11:00pm so we know that you are a Guest with us. Again, I do apologize and hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future.

U>S>A>
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While driving from Ft Lauderdale to Georgia I encountered automobile difficulties.. It was at night and being on I95 not a friendly place at that time. I decided to try and make it over to US1 and find a place to stay..Took me until 2am to finally get to this place..needless to say, I was very, very tired at this time. the check in was a horror show.. disinterested young lady at desk, never looked in the eye, like a drill sergeant with the questions. I had to sign 3 or 4 papers, who knows what I signed ? had to initial 3 or 4 times ? was given a rubber band to put on my wrist and told that if I checked out without returning this worthless piece I would be charged $5.00.
No decency, respect or civil manor or attitude was expressed..felt like a criminal.

After sleeping 4 hours I was ready to find a Mercedes dealer and move on. The breakfast room, about the size of two walk-in closets was one of slim pickings to say the least.These free breakfasts are not much to start with but this one was a joke.

When I went across the bridge to the beach, oh how I wish I would have turned right instead of left and found the decent places of accommodation.

The room was clean, bed comfortable..heating , air unit sounded like a spaceship taking off..I had to shut off completely to even think about sleeping.

Would sleep on the beach before ever considering this place again. By far , the most awful check in-out experience ever.. Many reviews here have raved about Mike.. How I wish Mike was on duty when I arrived. That young lady needs to be sent packing.

Room Tip: Go south and find a nice place
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Angelahearn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel. I do apologize for giving you the impression that any of our Front Desk Staff were any less than thrilled to have you as our Guest. I have tried to look up your account and can't find it under your review name. If you would like to give me a call and we can discuss this personally that would be wonderful this way I know with whom it was you were checked in by. I consider our Staff to be one of the greatest so I want to make sure everyone is functioning at their full potential. I would also like to speak to you about the breakfast I know our room is small (holds 40) but we have such a huge variety of hot and cold foods I am surprised to read that you were not satisfied with it. I do hope you will contact me and again I do apologize for any misunderstandings that took place while staying with us.

Fort Mill SC
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I travel extensively and use exclusively choicehotels.com. This property was very clean, great location, a wonderful experience overall. Most of the rooms come with a balcony, city and oceanfront view. Parking layout is great, and very safe. Mike at the front desk is very knowledgable and courteous. The water pressure was perfect and the hot water came was available instantly. My room came with two comfortable beds, I believe queen size. The room also included a decent size fridge and a microwave. The ice machines are positioned conveniently next to the elevators, the swimming pool and immediate area are super clean. The first thing I've noticed in the morning was the hotel staff busy watering the plants and maintaining the garden. Breakfast was included, with variety of fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, cold eggs, waffle maker and hot omelette/sausage links. To my surprise, there were two staff members in the breakfast area making sure the guests were taking care of. This oceanfront property is close to all of the Daytona attractions, recommended for short and long term stays. The management is definitely on top of things at this property, I look forward to booking this choicehotels property while in the area. Gene Z., SC

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gene Z
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hotel. We strive daily to ensure each Guest has a wonderful experience and it is so nice to hear that we meet your expectations. I do hope you will continue to make us your vacation destination.

York, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Good value, especially with off season pricing and friendly and helpful staff, Mike was especially helpful. Rooms were a little humid, but what you might expect on the beach. Pool was average but great beach access. One thing lacking was the lack of a workout room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always nice to hear when we have achieved our goal in making your vacation as perfect as we can. Michael was excited to see his name mentioned he says thank you. We hope to see you again in the near future and thanking you for making us your vacation destination.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was great! The rooms were awesome Two Comfy huge beds Nice kitchen area! Location was great!!! Breakfast was busy but you can tell the breakfast girl was working hard and she kept a smile on no matter how many people asked her for something! The whole staff was great! From check-in - check-out!! Thank you Comfort Suites! Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always nice to hear when we have achieved our goal in making your vacation as perfect as we can. The Breakfast Staff said thank you! We hope to see you again in the near future and thanking you for making us your vacation destination.

Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2013

i recently went to daytona beach to relax away from the day to day stress. i wanted to be comfortable yet be able to budget my spending. The front desk associate (mike) was awesome. he was very sociable, and was able to help get me in a room that my fiance and i was very impressed with. the room was very clean. the pool area was kept up very well. the view from the room was great. i strongly recomend that you stay at this hotel. if mike is at the desk tell him benjamin said hey.

Room Tip: room 222 had a great view of the pool area and the ocean view was incredible
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Angelahearn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Daytona Inn Seabreeze Oceanfront, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that we made your experience a great one. The Staff and I look forward to serving you again in the near future and as always continue to make us your vacation destination.