“Decent for price”

Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Tampa, United States
“Decent for price”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good: Huge pool (water fountains nice touch), nice tennis courts, 3rd bed in bonus room Bad: Ants crawling by sliders to balcony (there was some rain), beds a little hard, pillows not as soft, breakfast too basic However, proximity to USTA courts and decent price per night

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mihir P, General Manager at Best Western International Speedway Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool and tennis courts and liked the price of the room. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
miami, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The overall appearance of the hotel was excellent. The check in was excellent and so the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family traveling to Daytona.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Shemiko W
I am glad to hear that you had an excellent stay and liked the friendly and helpful staff at our hotel. Thank you for your recommendation to your friends and family members. Hope to see you soon.
Sedgefield, County Durham
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights here with my wife and some friends in June 2014. The best aspect of this hotel is the large pool which, for a lot of the time, we had to ourselves which was great. The location is handy for the Daytona Speedway and Daytona beach. There are many nearby restaurants of good quality and there is an Alehouse next door which is handy if you fancy a drink and don't want to drive. The hotel is starting to look tired and needs some freshening up. The pool was not cleaned regularly enough.

Room Tip: Wifi is not particularly strong or fast but OK.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WaltonReviews
I am happy to hear that you liked the big pool and the location of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the pool not been cleaned on regular basis.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very good Location, next to the Speedway. Shopping and restaurants are with in walking distance. It's a 10 minutes drive to the beach. The rooms are OK and the complimentary full hot breakfast is very good. Keep up the good work, thanks!

1 Thank Jason K
I am glad to hear that you like the hotel location and enjoyed our breakfast. Thank You for staying with us and hope to see you soon.
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After reading all the positive reviews about this location, I a reservation using booking for 2 rooms for 2 nights through Booking. The hotel was a breeze to locate and check in was quick and painless. However, after that I can’t really say much positive about the establishment other than it’s very nice in appearance.

We woke up in the morning to a room full of ants (lots of ant bites and ruined food), we notified the front desk about our concerns and during the process discovered that we were only booked for 1 night for 2 rooms. I double checked the reservation and discovered that I was indeed correct. However, the hotel basically said that it doesn’t matter what Booking has on their website or what the reservation says, it’s what they have in their system. After getting the room situation resolved we were told that we were being given an upgraded room, however, I suspect that this was due more to the hotel being quite full and more so out of necessity than apologetic. We were given a 50% discount on our second night which was a nice gesture but the nonchalant attitude of the GM and staff offset any apparent good will they were attempting to show. Not even a sorry for your experience or anything similar. Actually, I would go as far as to say that they thought it was us and not them with the problems. We actually noticed quite a few other people having issues as well during our stay.

For the price I would suggest something down on A1A which is close to the beach, especially if you are looking at a beach getaway. We typically stay at the Hilton with an oceanfront room for a little more but the employees and location make it worthwhile.

Management needs to understand that they are not only running a particular establishment but are also representing the entire Best Western Company. I will say that because of this experience we will think twice before we stay at ANY Best Western location again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
First I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my staff and hope to provide better customer experience for future guest. Once again I want to apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get a second chance.
Clover, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I don't know how you could not like this place! We stumbled upon this hotel late at night on our way to Disney World, and I'm glad we did.
I don't know what this hotel used to be before Best Western took it over, but it was incredible. The lobby is spectacular and the pool has to bee seen to be believed! It is huge! I would guess it's close to an olympic size pool, or similar to a pool you would find at a high dollar resort. There are also tennis courts and other building that I guess are used for conferences and such. It looks like it used to be a resort type hotel that Best Western has taken over and they have really done well to keep it up. They could easily charge $30-50 more a night and it would still be a good deal.
The rooms were large and very clean. Beds were great. No complaints about the room at all. Unfortunately we didn't get to check out the pool since we left early to continue our Disney World trip.
My only complaint (and it is a very small one), is the size of the breakfast area. It's in a very small space and not enough seating for the size of the hotel. They offer your typical hotel breakfast of cereals, eggs, sausage, etc. They did have a neat little pancake making machine though! I would stay here again this minute if I was in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank todd m
Mihir P, General Manager at Best Western International Speedway Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I am glad to hear that you loved our hotel. I hope you can come down to Daytona soon to enjoy the pool that you did not get to use on your Disney trip. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.
United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I also stayed at the Hampton Inn just down the street from this hotel in the same week. I do think the breakfast and the general overall appearance of the Hampton Inn may be better, but the rooms are much smaller than at the Best Western .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mihir P, General Manager at Best Western International Speedway Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I am glad to hear that you liked the spacious rooms at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you on your next trip to Daytona Beach.