“retract of previous review. Review meant for Hampton Brandon,fl”

Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in DeBary
Reviewed 27 July 2013

i recently had a bad review on this property. About frontline employees had body rings and bad manors of cleaning tables in breakfast area. The review was meant for Hampton in Brandon Fl. Not this location.

This Hampton is very good and I have stayed here 6 times prior to this report with no problems.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Sharon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for retracting your review done in error and giving us such a nice review for our property. We appreciate the concern and will do our best to continue giving you the best stay possible. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Nice hotel and very good breakfast. The only complaint I have is that my room was over the outdoor spa and people were still in the water at 11:30 at night talking loudly. Room was clean, bedding was comfortable. Wireless internet access was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sharon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

We were pleased that you enjoyed the hotel. However, we're sorry that you were kept awake by the outside noise. Please feel free to always call the desk and report anything that would hinder your stay. We will keep a closer eye on the pool area and thank you for letting us know. We hope to see you when in our area again. Sharon

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Dismal - don't stay here, there's better accommodation 5 minute drive away. The way the guy was dressed (food stains down the front of his sweater) when he checked us in rang my alarm bells, although he was friendly and helpful. We booked and pre-paid this hotel on the net and as far as the images go, we feel it's totally mis-represented. Plastic and polystyrene cups in room, no complimentary water, really noisy air-con fan which turned itself off and on intermittently all night at 5 minute intervals. Skinny bath with shower over it - elbows knocking on the walls when you wash. A feeling that the floors aren't as clean as you would like them. Next big alarm bell was the note on a stickie on the bedhead about bed sheets being clean (!!!!) - why would they need to do that? Then a letter telling you the mosquito problem along the Mary River, which runs adjacent to the hotel, was letting you know the council doesn't spray as this particular mosquito doesn't bite or sting ?!? Why then the letter? Somethings just don't ring true. The biggie for us though were the major power transformers running parallel to the hotel - no wonder we didn't sleep well. The pool area was small, fenced and situated right beside the car park and walk-way to the lobby, looked totally un-inviting, only good for kids who don't give a toss where they swim. Although we pre-paid this hotel, we were happy to forego the cost and move on.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharon H, General Manager at Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your stay. We do our best to appropriately communicate any news or information about our hotel with guests. It's also part of our brand standard to place a note in each guest room highlighting our fresh duvets placed on each bed during housekeeping services. We're sorry if this caused any confusion and appreciate your concern. We'll be sure to review your additional feedback with our team and hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,

Sharon

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here back in Sept/Oct 2011 so I'm sorry this review is so late but I just had to mention our experience. We chose to stay here even though another hotel just 5 minutes from my in-laws was slightly cheaper. This hotel was about 25 minutes away from them. We have stayed at Hamptons before so we trusted it would be ok. We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. I used to know the names of everyone I talked but I can only remember Petey's name because we have a cat named Petey...lol. Because Petey and the others were so helpful about how far we would be from family, etc. That's another reason why I chose this hotel. You get your first impressions over the phone just once.
Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. Miss ____ , (an Asian woman)a manager I had been speaking to on the phone was great and she remembered talking to me on the phone. She was extremely helpful. The morning person(I can't find where I wrote everyone's names) who handled the buffet, an older woman, was very helpful and told us places to visit and what beach to go to and the buffet was always delicious. The staff also made a point in the evening to remind us of the cookies and when we came back late from visiting family, they went and got us some leftover cookies.
We were in the pool everyday....that was great! My husband doesn't like indoor pools so the fact that this one was an outside pool made him very happy. Pool area was always very clean too. We also used the gym.
The hotel staff gave us restaurant tips too.
All in all......wonderful experience...that treated you special.
Just 2 cons..... Even though the hot breakfast was truly tasty....it was the same everyday....scrambled eggs & bacon. Other Hamptons had different hot food everyday...breakfast bagels, omelets, western eggs, etc.
other con...one time.. they forgot to tidy up our room....We left after breakfast and came back at 3pm and the room wasn't touched but they did send some up right away.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great review. The staff really enjoys our guests and I guess it's pretty obvious. We're glad you had such a nice stay and hope you'll return next time you're in our area. We'll keep the cookies ready for you!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

friendly staff upon arrival, ric was very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. the room was very clean, new carpet really poped! the entire lobby and breakfast area was newly decorated and was very welcoming. all the staff, ric, young, karen were very pleasent, neatly dressed and smiling. they seem to like their jobs. conveniently located to blue springs park where we were heading and right off I4

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharon H, Manager at Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Wow! Thanks for the excellect review. It is one thing to mention that the staff was friendly, but to remember their names must mean that they made a great impression on you and your family. The hotel was just remodeled and we are very proud of our new decor. We will definitely relay your wonderful comments to the staff and tell them to keep up the Great Job. We look forward to your return visit with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Everything about my stay was excellent. The pool was in good condition. The maid service was very good. As usual my stay at the Hampton was worth the cost and very relaxing. I try to stay at a Hampton as often as I can. I do wish that the point reward system was easier to advance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward S

We appreciate your wonderful review of our property. Your feedback is very important to us and our employees. Hampton Inns are usually very satisfactory and are very consistant. We thank you for your business and your response. We look forward to your return visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was looking for hotel that was close to Daytona Beach as well as Orlando, FL. This hotel sat right in the middle. Clean, Quiet and friendly staff. The breakfast was good, as well as close by local food places. close to the highway. I will return with my family soon

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeBary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Comfort Inn - De Land
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 5 in Orange City
SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford

Been to Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona? Share your experiences!