This is a good place to stay if you want to be very close to the beach, not pay a lot, and have the option of cooking some of your meals. The motel offers a variety of room options, including hotel, efficiency and 1/2 bedroom units. We stayed in an efficiency, which had a room with a small pull-out couch, KS bed, and table with 3 chairs. The kitchen area had a micro, toaster, coffeemaker, and small oven with 4-burner stove. The staff was extremely nice, making you feel welcome upon arrival. Our second day there, I stopped in to let them know that there were 5 small things that needed fixing - she informed me they'd have it done by 1pm; when we returned that evening, everything had been fixed.
It is about a 1-minute walk to the beach, which is quite a nice beach. There's also a pier, boardwalk and plenty of sidewalks for walking or jogging.
The downside of staying here: since the motel is on the street that runs parallel to the beach, there's non-stop traffic noise. It does get quieter by 11 pm, but it's so loud on the grounds that I don't think I could stay by the pool more than an hour. Other guests seemed to hang out there a lot, so I guess you could get used to it. Also, the beds are hard as a rock - I found it very difficult to sleep (finally had to put a thick blanket down to give it some cushion), though I was told I was the first to ever complain about it. Don't expect any amenities at all. You get the usual tiny hotel bars of soap (no shampoo or lotion), and the kitchen has a small supply of pots and pans, a sponge and a bottle of dishwashing liquid. There is a safe in the closet, but it will cost you 50 cents every time you use it.
A few suggestions that would make it a little nicer: a box of kleenex in the bathroom (especially since there's a sign on the wall asking you not to use their towels to wipe off your makeup - so the only alternative is thin, scratchy toilet paper); a corkscrew for the kitchen; a channel guide for the tv. Also suggest that the rooms get a once-over periodically to fix what's broken. The window in the kitchen and 1 window in the bedroom couldn't be opened, e.g..
So, if you're looking for cheaper, completely non-fancy accommodations, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! The Carriage House Resort Motel is a charming Deerfield Beach hotel housed in an an intimate, two-story Georgian colonial building. We offer comfort for less! Conveniently located between Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach, we're just steps away from the award-winning public beach. Enjoy walking along the beach promenade lined with coconut palm trees, swimming in warm waters, or simply relaxing and enjoying the view. You'll love our comfortable and spacious accommodation choices, from the Hotel Room model to our spacious Efficiencies and Apartments with fully equipped kitchens. Our large heated pool is surrounded by an inviting tropical garden to provide the feeling of being in a secluded oasis. Whether you're on vacation, visiting family and friends, or on a business trip in South Florida, you will be glad you chose the Carriage House Resort Motel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Carriage House Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carriage House Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Carriage Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Carriage Motel Deerfield Beach
- Carriage House Resort Motel Deerfield Beach, Florida