“Best Experience”

Carriage House Resort Motel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Checking in was fast, service was excellent, he was very friendly and helpful and let me know what was in the area in terms of things to do and places to eat. I walked in my the room and it was extremely clean and very organized. I had a king size bed, the kitchen was a good size, a little hallway with a nice walk-in closet with a safe if you needed it. Bathroom was big and clean. It didn't feel like an ordinary hotel. My room felt like I was at home with lots of room to walk around. It had a very comfortable feel to it. My neighbors there was beyond nice, they even welcomed me to the hotel and wished I was staying longer and they were just guests there, it was very quiet and people was very courteous. The internet was huge for me as well and of course they do have it, along with cable. Everything was in walking distance including shopping and restaurants. There's a Subway, ice cream, coffee shop, etc. I ate at Bru's Room. It's a nice sports bar and it was literally a block away. It's safe to walk around and I've seen police patrolling the area which is a good sign. There's a beach pretty much in their backyard. It's a BEAUTIFUL beach!!! It is NICE!!! And low and behold, there is a Fire Station right there!! Talk about being safe!! I love the location of The Carriage House. There is no doubt that if I had to stay in Deerfield, Fort Lauderdale or any other surrounding areas, I'd be staying here again. I can't say enough about it. I really enjoyed my stay. I hope my review was beneficial to those who were considering staying at The Carriage House. A BIG Thank you to the staff of The Carriage House for your professionalism, friendliness and for making me feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Devon31

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Excellent service and cordial personnel. A bit old building but in good maintenance condition. Great swimming pool and facilities. A short walk to the beach that made it possible to go during the day and for night walks on the strand. Great separate kitchen fully equipped that we used several times for breakfast or a quick meal. Will visit again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is a good place to stay if you want to be very close to the beach, not pay a lot, and have the option of cooking some of your meals. The motel offers a variety of room options, including hotel, efficiency and 1/2 bedroom units. We stayed in an efficiency, which had a room with a small pull-out couch, KS bed, and table with 3 chairs. The kitchen area had a micro, toaster, coffeemaker, and small oven with 4-burner stove. The staff was extremely nice, making you feel welcome upon arrival. Our second day there, I stopped in to let them know that there were 5 small things that needed fixing - she informed me they'd have it done by 1pm; when we returned that evening, everything had been fixed.
It is about a 1-minute walk to the beach, which is quite a nice beach. There's also a pier, boardwalk and plenty of sidewalks for walking or jogging.
The downside of staying here: since the motel is on the street that runs parallel to the beach, there's non-stop traffic noise. It does get quieter by 11 pm, but it's so loud on the grounds that I don't think I could stay by the pool more than an hour. Other guests seemed to hang out there a lot, so I guess you could get used to it. Also, the beds are hard as a rock - I found it very difficult to sleep (finally had to put a thick blanket down to give it some cushion), though I was told I was the first to ever complain about it. Don't expect any amenities at all. You get the usual tiny hotel bars of soap (no shampoo or lotion), and the kitchen has a small supply of pots and pans, a sponge and a bottle of dishwashing liquid. There is a safe in the closet, but it will cost you 50 cents every time you use it.

A few suggestions that would make it a little nicer: a box of kleenex in the bathroom (especially since there's a sign on the wall asking you not to use their towels to wipe off your makeup - so the only alternative is thin, scratchy toilet paper); a corkscrew for the kitchen; a channel guide for the tv. Also suggest that the rooms get a once-over periodically to fix what's broken. The window in the kitchen and 1 window in the bedroom couldn't be opened, e.g..

So, if you're looking for cheaper, completely non-fancy accommodations, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheri17
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Friendly & most helpful staff welcomed us.
Spotlessly clean rooms, well equipped, comfortable & spacious.
It was a 5 min walk to the beach, & beach chairs/loungers could be borrowed on a first come first served basis, from the motel. This was great!
We enjoyed the pool, although not huge it was lovely to relax in.
Don't hesitate to book in here :-)

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are quietest.
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here alone while doing a small mini yoga immersion! This place was quiet small perfect place to get and out of. I never had to turn off the road to get to places and the short short short walk to the beach was shorter than some of the walks to the beach at big huge hotes!!! It totally took me away!!! The only downfall was there wasn't a hair dryer or shampoo:( but next time ill know so not a big deal!

• Stayed: October 2012
daencro, General Manager at Carriage House Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

We are very happy that we were able to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Your comment that you were taken to another era is something we hear often because we continue to operate the motel as it was when Florida only had small family run beach motels. We take the same pride in having an inviting, friendly and comfortable place where guests can feel at home. Of course we offer all this with updated rooms, LCD TVs, wifi, we will print your boarding passes, offer concierge services and parking all at no extra charge. By the way, we do have hair dryers and shampoo but we provide them upon request since many guests prefer bringing their own. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

The Carriage House is in a great location, just 200 metres from the beach - turtles nest on the beach and at night people gather to watch for them so you might just be lucky if you visit!

We had a 2 double bed room with a separate living room and kitchen. The room and hotel were very clean and the bedroom had a large walk in cupboard for luggage and to hang clothes. The kitchen didn't have a dishwasher but the equipment was otherwise OK. The swimming pool was not massive but quite large enough for the number of people who used it.

On the owners recommendation we visited the Gumbo Limbo Park which is a nice peaceful place to pass a couple of hours.

The only slight negative about our stay was that the room we had was just under a covered area near reception where some shady tables were located. It seemed to be that people would congregate there to eat, smoke and drink so on a couple of occasions it got a bit noisy outside the room.

I would go back to the Carriage House again but would ask for a room in a different area area.of the motel.

Generally I would recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the covered area near the office.
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very rude regarding an emergency cancellation.

Thanks for charging us for being in the hospital. A situation beyond our control.

We would have rescheduled and stayed at your Inn in a month or so and you would have made 500.00 on us. But based on the rude quality of your telephone attendant - now we will not even think of it.

1  Thank ediamond66