“Hang loose and find yourself”

Island Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Water Sports, your one stop surf and skate destination since 1978. Our Free Lesson Program is the longest running in the country teaching you how to surf, skim, or stand up paddle. We offer private and group lessons in surf, skim, skateboarding, and stand up paddle. Our Sunset Stand Up Paddle and Eco Tours are a popular attraction for locals and tourists alike.
Boca Raton, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hang loose and find yourself”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to walk over and check out the local surf and board shop. We were on a mission to find a long board for the oldest daughter. Not only found one for a great price, they put it together and changed up some parts to customize right in the store. The staff was friendly and even turned us on to surf lessons. They give them out on Saturday mornings for free and who doesn't like free? Would recommend highly if you're into water sports.

1 Thank Max P

New York City, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great store”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A block from the beach. Staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Awesome programs for all ages. Yes, they will get u up on a board.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank delraytraveler2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No refunds”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I bought a gift for my boyfriend and before I paid I asked if it could be returned and was told yes. Come to find out my gift was too small and when I went to return it a half hour later I was told since it had been used I couldn't return it at all. I was not told that initially and went home with a $150 product I couldn't use.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank AnitaAnotherHit
South Florida, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice idea”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's a very nice concept, just a little far from the beach. Many activities to enjoy while at the beach to choose from.

Visited May 2014
ontario
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Super impressed”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went here a few times during a two night stay in Deerfield Beach. I can't say enough about how awesome it is there and the staff are incredible. It doesn't matter how great your inventory is. If you don't have great service it can't work. Island Water Sports has both. Very attentive with us and our three children. We were there for a fair amount of time and I never felt like we were annoying staff. We purchased a long board for our 12 year old son, helmets for our 13 and 10 year old daughters, protective gear for all three kids, had wheels replaced on another board and bought some clothing. I believe it was Bruce who helped us? Sorry if I have name wrong. I can edit it if I do. He did an amazing job. I can't say enough about how helpful and friendly he was.

Visited April 2014