“Go here if you like Indian food!”
Review of Restaurant Taj

Restaurant Taj
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Taj is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 226 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boca Raton, Florida
“Go here if you like Indian food!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I love Indian food. I wish it was just as popular as cuisines such as Thai or Chinese.

This place is great! The food quality is great, the servers are kind and nice, and the establishment is clean. The decor inside is great, authentic, and very enjoyable. The buffet is very tasty. I love thalis and I heard they have them on certain days although I haven't had one.

If I owned the place, I would offer thalis on the menu each day. I also might add a few more dishes to the buffet. But these are just humble opinions.

Definitely go eat here! You won't regret it! And you'll be supporting local small business.

• Visited November 2013

leeds
“Over from England”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Over from England visiting family. Have made numerous visits to the States & every Indian restaurant i have been to has been rubbish.

Whilst playing at a bridge club in Delray i played with a very nice Indian lady.. Asking if she knew of a decent Indian restaurant, without hesitation she said The Taj at lDeerfield.

Five of us went the following night, not much to look at either outside or inside, we were however made to feel very welcome.

I started with an Aloo Tikki, Seek Kebabs & Samosas were also ordered.

Main course i had Lamb Bhuna, Chicken Tikka, Tandoori lamb chops, Seekh kebabs were also ordered along with Aloo Paratha & pulau rice.

All the food served was enjoyed by every one. It was obvious the kitchen knew what it was doing.

Service extremely friendly & efficient.

How does it compare to Indian restaurants in England ?.

In England the majority of chefs have been trained in Bangladesh meaning that the food is more authentic..

Final thought on the Taj. The first decent Indian restaurant i have been to in the States

A thoroughly enjoyable evening. I will certainly return.

• Visited December 2013
Ellicott City, MD
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I love Indian food. We have patronized Indian restaurants all over the United States, as well as 5 or 6 other countries (although we have never been to India), and we think this is one of the best. We are vegetarians, and we like our food mild (not spicy hot). The Taj has many good vegetarian entrees, and they can make the food mild if asked. They also have a great variety of meat dishes, and I'm sure they can make the food fiery hot if that is your preference. The restaurant is tucked away in a shopping center and is easy to overlook, but it is worth searching for.

• Visited November 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Out of my comfort zone”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Mulagatawni! I ordered it because I like to say the word; it reminds me of Seinfeld and makes me smile. But it was the impressively prepared Entrees and the friendly service that kept my family and I smiling for the entire meal.

Whether you're looking to get out of your culinary comfort zone, or curry and spices are part of you culinary routine, you should try Taj Restaurant. In an unassuming plaza in Deeerfield Beach, Taj is a real gem.

• Visited September 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Best buffet in the area”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great Indian food and good prices especially the lunch time buffet. All the best dishes can be had, chicken curry, lamb tandoori, and even baby goat!!! good food, good service, great location. I have eaten Indian food in several countries around the world, this is one of the best.

• Visited October 2012