“Fun family time.”

Ski Rixen - Deerfield Beach
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Took my 3 kids aged 12-15. They had a great time. we also got the beginners package which . This package must be reserved in advance and is normally on weekends from 10 -12am. Cable speed is slower and they get a lot of instruction and help on how to get up from the start. My only knock is they usually don't see what is going on at the first turn, that is where my kids kept falling off. They were getting very frustrated until I mentioned it to the instructors and they were able to give them additional pointers.

All reviews
"sports"
"picnic"
"rental"

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I went yesterday 9-22-13 with my 17 year old son and we had a blast. We signed up for the beginners course which gave us (6 persons) personalized instructions and exclusive access to the lake with slower cable speeds to get adjusted. The staff was very friendly and helpful and gave us continuous instruction until we got it right. The only neg. is the trail to come back to the launch deck if you fall. It is rocky and if your bear foot it is going to hurt your feet. The solution: take sandals, loop one of the life-jacket straps through them and if you fall you have your sandals to walk back. Trust me, it makes a great difference and you will have an amazing time!!!!

1  Thank jarair75
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is more like our second home. We love that it's centrally located in South Florida and only a five minute drive from 95! The park is always clean and well maintained ! The people there are there because they are doing what they love and most of them are there because they are passionate about the sport. Such a cool place to go to do something different. If you've never tried it before it's definitely worth the money! We love Louie (the cable guy) and Britta is a doll :)

1  Thank Taylor S
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We spent two days this past weekend at Rixen and our 14, 15, and 16 year old boys were in heaven. The grounds are clean, the staff are wonderful and friendly, and the lake is gorgeous. My sons are average to very good wakeboarders and they all had plenty of things they could enjoy on the lake. There are good variety of features on the lake with all kinds of difficulty and potential tricks.

There are also plenty of food places near the park some who even deliver, to make hanging out easy for the whole family. There are shaded areas and plenty of picnic tables.

Also, it is part of a larger park so there are walking and biking trails, and even basketball courts. We couldn't have been happier with our experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2013

my daughter and friend visiting from Germany went to ski rixen this past weekend which is located in Quiet waters park. you sit or kneel or stand on water boards or skis and hang on for dear life to a cable that pulls you around an almost mile coarse. there are jumps , slides and a lot of items to test from the amateur to the professional skier. its just a place to have a great time. must be 16 years old. They also have a skate board section and the park area for is beautiful for picnics and the water park for the little ones is just great. even if you do not water ski check out the park.

1  Thank JOLYNNLINDA