“Clean , comfortable and free wifi!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Very clean, wonderful hotel with super comfortable beds and free wifi throughout! Food was delicious in the hotel restaurant Room was very nice and we slept well. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank VVB

Reviewed 23 May 2011

We made these reservations with the call center for Hilton. We were with a group so we were expecting a basic room. The operator said our block was full and offered us a"VIP" room for the same price. Of course we jumped on it and booked it! The day we arrived the sporting event my son was participating in lasted later than what we thought so we called and were told there is no VIP room for us.I gave her every piece of inf I had and the young lady said it wasn't availible. We asked to speak to a manager and got Michael.He was very pleasant and apoligized and offered up a free buffet for the next morning.We thanked him and told him we would be the in 30 minutes. When we got there the young lady at the front desk went round and round with me about no VIP room for us. I asked to speak to Michael and she still wanted to argue with me. It took my hubbie say"Just get Michael" for her to get him. Once again he was very pleasant and gave us our room & the tickets for breakfast. Wefound out there was 2 other large groups there that weekend & I don't believe they were ready. The room was clean and basic. The bed seemed a little small.We told we could order food outside the pool but after waiting 30 minutes we got up and left. When we checked out we asked the lady at the desk what the coupons entitled us to she replied the buffet. When we got there a snotty omlett chef named Martin told us numerous times we only get the cold items not eggs. We tried to tell him the lady at the front said he said rather loudly"Sir COLD ONLY" Then when I tried to ask another question once again his answer was hollered "COLD ONLY" I was going to ask what the upcharge was but was cutoff and embarassed.The only accomadating person in that resturant was Ashley the waitress. She got to the bottom of the mess.Ashley & Michael should be commended for staying friendly when clearly co-workers are not.We go on 6-7 tournaments a year for my son's sport but will think about our hotel choices from now on.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly not a central reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Deerfield Beach/Boca Raton. It is comments like yours that help us become better and deliver a better product.
I am sorry that your experience with some of our staff was below par. I am sure this was very frustrating for you and your family.
I have shared your comments with all the staff involved to help them understand the need to always look to "Say Yes" to our guests.
I hope that if you have the opportunity to return to this area for sporting events or any other reason you might possibly reconsider and give us another chance.
Please contact me directly and I would be happy to help you with your accomodations and to show that you were correct in your initial decision to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

Hotel is located on the grounds of Deerfield Country Club. Despite the Hilton being a large hotel, our room was very quiet. The king bed was extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay again. I almost forgot to say that the hotel has very easy access to I-95 and is located just off Hillsboro Boulevard which is a major east-west thoroughfare.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim33625
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Thank you so much for your recent comments. I have shared them with our staff.
Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

It was easy to book for our conference and a few extra days when we found out that this Hilton is a pet friendly hotel for both dogs and cats. The fee was modest and the best part was that the room they put us in did not have stains, damage or a pet smell. That spoke volumes.

Our room was located on the 2nd floor. The room was spacious with a nice workstation and free internet. The down side was that our only windows looked out onto a rooftop and offered no scenic view. This was a disappointment considering the effort this Hilton has put into care and maintenance of their landscaping.

Considering our hectic schedule, we were always able to get a good meal at their in house restaurant because of their convenient hours of operation. There was a wide variety of American Cuisine.

Someone in our party came down with a cold and the hotel had a small sundry shop where we were able to get everything needed for comfort, so no one had to go out that evening.

We had some extra time to explore the local area. Since the hotel was 3 miles from the ocean, the staff was able to direct us to a lovely restaurant on the beach.

The cleaning staff was available on our floor for most of the day which made getting an extra towel or glasses a simple chore. They were quick to take away trash put outside the room.

The Hilton’s location proved to be excellent for more than locating it off the highway. It was close to a variety of neighborhood shopping and restaurants. It was also very close for sightseeing, like Federal Highway/US 1 or the scenic route Hwy A1A which wound along the beach and showcased expensive homes. We were very close to Pompano Beach and Boca Raton. Time prevented us from further exploring down the beach.

We were very impressed with Hilton Deerfield/Boca Raton and will stay there when we are in the area and most assuredly, we have and will continue to recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank webetraveling2
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Do not stay at this hotel.. it's horrible. It's like being back in the 1980's - except they do have wi-fi to ease the pain of being stuck in time. I was happy the bar stayed open late, because to stay there I needed to drink myself to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank seanfrom
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us back in September. I regret that your experience was an unpleasant one. I would appreciate any specifics you would share with us. We take these comments very seriously and need to know where we are falling short.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

I stayed for one night the end of February at this hotel. I found the staff to be very helpful. I usually like to use the pool area and this one did not disappoint, it's a large pool area, well kept with a good size heated pool. When I first got there I asked the bartender if they had towels at the pool and he immediately went next door and checked. I needed a late checkout and the front desk extended the checkout time by two hours, no charge. The restaurant food was a bit pricey but most hotel restaurants are. The food I had was good. The hotel was of contemporary style with marble floors. My room was well appointed with great beds, mine did not have a flat screen TV as many of the hotels have today. In reading some of the reviews for this hotel I
wondered if they stayed at the
same hotel I did. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank JJG11
Reviewed 25 February 2011

The good:
Manager Sean was helpful and kind
Close to nice beach & I-95
Clean, quiet pool & jacuzzi
Clean, quiet workout room with adequate equipment

The bad:
Housekeeping times were so sporadic to the point of inconvenient
Breakfast buffet was mediocre and expensive

The ugly:
We stayed there a full week in order to visit a sick relative. During our visit, our relative died. We asked Tabatha at the front desk to stay two additional days in order to stay for the services. We explained the situation clearly. She said plainly and without an ounce of concern, "We don't have any rooms. You can't extend your stay." I was shocked by her cold response & lack of concern. Then my sweetheart asked to speak with a manager. Tabatha said, "He can't do anything for you. We don't have any rooms." He repeated his request. She rolled her eyes and then got the manager.
It took a great deal of restraint to not unleash upon Tabatha. She was just awful. I think we were both shocked by her callous disregard for our situation.
I can only hope Tabatha is someday in the same situation and is treated with the same disregard. I will never forget this experience. It was unsettling.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2011

Thank you for your recent review regarding your visit to our hotel. It is through comments such as yours that we hopefully become better at what we do.
Specifically, I would like to apologize on behalf of our staff for any treatment you received that may have caused you anquish. It sounds like the circumstances were very stressful for you and I regret that we did not rise to the occasion for you.
I have shared your comments with all our staff to help them further understand the importance of empathy and caring.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and hopefully if the opportunity presents itself in the future you might consider giving us another chance to prove that your selection of our hotel was the right decision.
If this opportunity occurs, please contact me directly to help with your arrangements.
Thank you again for your frank comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Wyndham Boca Raton
Wyndham Boca Raton
#7 of 27 in Boca Raton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!