“Keep on Returning!”

Comfort Inn Oceanside
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Deerfield Beach has become my favorite destination & I keep on returning! I love the Comfort and all the amenities at the Comfort Inn Oceanside that I received. I also enjoyed all the hospitality I received during my stay from the staff. I look so much forward to just parking my car and leaving it there until I leave. I love walking to the beach and all the restaurants. Complete rest & relaxation & great food! Just what I needed, & I received so much value for my money, so thank you once again Comfort Inn Oceanside! This place is really the VERY BEST KEPT SECRET!

Room Tip: For me I will take any floor where I have an ocean view, but this is not always available. So the ci...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn in the past and it has been nice.However this time it was pretty bad.It was 80 degrees outside.During our two days stay they did not have air conditioner on in the lobby,in the computer room and in the breakfast room.It was unbearable.The lady at the front desk Monique was not rude,but did not provide good customer service.This is an older hotel.Rooms have been remodelled since our last stay.They did a good job.Bed was comfortable.It was hard as a rock though,but i like for bed to be firm,so it was fine with me.There is a medium size flat screen TV in a room.VERY poor channel selection.They had ESPN channel and i was going to watch colledge basketball game,which was on.But the volume on ESPN channel did not work.I also would like to point out that it was the worst houskeeping i have ever seen.There is very nice wood floor in the room(wood or laminate).Upon walking into the room,everything looks clean.But after a while you can see,that the floor is dirty & sticky(i would advise to wear shoes in the room,if you stay there).The bed was made,but bed sheets were not very fresh.There is a very nice white duvet though.Night stands could use some dusting.And the bathroom floor was in a desperate need of some serious cleaning.Air conditioner in the room was working very good.Hotel is located whithin walking distance to the ocean.So it is a great location.Nice area.We enjoyed being on the ocean,but could not wait to check out of this hotel.

Room Tip: I would not recommend to stay at this hotel,neither will be back.But if you have to stay there,rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 135catherineg
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here during the 2014 Deerfield Beach Festival of the Arts. (We were exhibitors.) Thus, the location of this hotel, just a block away from the event was strategic and convenient. Note: it's also just the same block off of the beach/Atlantic Ocean.

The property itself is decently maintained, but showing some signs of aging: chipping paint on bathroom door trim, noticeable scratches on metal trim of elevator.

Among our minor inconveniences during our stay: our room did not get cleaned/"made up" on one day; a TV remote that refused to work -- we even swapped out for a replacement remote that also didn't work; and, a single computer station in the small Business Center, which was frequently in use by other guests.

Our room's location was a bit bothersome because it was right off of the elevator. Thus, whenever other guests were waiting for or getting off the elevator, we could hear much of their conversations: fairly disturbing in the middle of the night!

Again, this hotel's location is very good -- it is close to several good restaurants and pubs. Main thouroughfare of US Route 1 is about half a mile away -- full array of restaurants (chains & local) and shopping along this highway.

Bottom line: It's not a 4 or 5 star resort, but this Comfort Inn is a good value at the price. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. Music @ poolside (not real late) might impact some rooms on south side...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pdwarren
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We just got here for a 3-night stay. I was worried by some reviews but also noticed that most horror story were dated 2008-2010 and recent reviews from 2013-2014 seemed very good so I decided to take a chance thinking there might have been upgrades or management/ownership changes. I'll write another complete review after we left but now, I'm impress. Linda at front desk was very friendly and we got our room 1 hour before official check-in time. Location is awesome: 2 minutes walk to the beach. No bad smell in the hotel. The carpet in the rooms that people seemed to complain about is gone. Our room has hard wood flooring! The room was very clean and bugs/roach free. I did a thorough inspection, pulling furniture, pulling out the mini-fridge, lifting the mattress, removing the sheets to check the mattress seams... nothing. No bugs, no dust. As far as the "famous" elevator... It's not that small and not that slow either. Don't expect the Rockfeller Center elevator in terms of speed but with all the comments I've read here, either they made changes or people just like to complaint. We're on the 5th floor and it took seconds to get there.
More to follow in 3 days on the mattress comfort, and if I'm still this positive about the experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank EricJ72
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I know you've heard that many times, and it applies here.
However there is more to know.
The location is good, about 200 feet from the beautiful Deerfeild Beach.
The price will reflect this advantage, but it is not as dear as many of the near ocean front properties available to you at Deerfield. Nor should it be. The building is old but clean, the rooms are nothing special, again old but clean. Beds were decent. Television channels are quite limited and internet is spotty.
I would recommend this location to families.Why?Because this place is not plush or fancy. It is not the ideal luxury get away for two. It is, however a great place for the family,with kids.
Decent pool with a kid friendly slide,heated. Nice patio.
Beverages available at the tiny window bar on site, tender is friendly.
Staff is helpful and friendly.
A few negative issues that stood out....
1.While charging a healthy per night room rate, some greedy nit wit in management decided to make their customers pay $10 per night for the right to park on the hotel property. Pretty outrageous.
2.Breakfast, not good. Same exact "choices" everyday gets really old. Food so,so.
3.Room/ cleaning issues, had to request a sheet change after 4 days of service, desk had broken legs.
Positive issue that stood out....
While doing the wash for the family, the customer dryer broke down. The staff took our clothes and dried them in the industrial units, then delivered the load to our room folded, very nice.

Room Tip: Upper level ocean view is a plus
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Felt happy overall. Nice location, Staff was good, one black lady was really very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was standard and service was good.
The best part was location, very close to beach and Boca Rator.
Nice and warm pool, had good fun with kids.
The cleaning could have been better, the room floor was not cleaned at all during our four day stay, hope they can pay attention to this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel was the perfect place to spend two unexpected days of vacation. Less than a block from the beach and two miles from I-95 make its location a win-win. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The walls are a bit thin so, if you have trouble sleeping bring ear plugs. Subway is attached to the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo