“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Odessa, Florida
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

It is an older hotel in a hot location. Tidy rooms, considerate staff, great pool and a fun tiki bar. Go see Johnny and ask for a burger or hotdog on the grill. It maybe 2 blocks from the beach, and hosts a subway/ice cream shop. Excellent rates, wifi and very family friendly.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Auburndale, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

When I first arrived I was disheartened by hotel's age and wear. But overall the price and customer service--as well as location--gave this hotel its value.

The hotel was clean, had no odor, and was a mere block from the beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable. (Don't expect sealy posture pedic--but the beds were not uncomfortable.

The elevator worked the same as any other non-hi rise hotel. And the stairs are clean and accessible for those who want to be in more of a rush.

The customer service here is five stars. The staff were professional and friendly, worked as a team. They were positive and helpful. They made this hotel the gem that it is.
What minor things could be improved?
-hair conditioner in addition to shampoos and soaps
-don't expect a view of the ocean from your room.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jenna S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Before I start my review of the hotel, I would like to warn all of you on my booking experience which started when I was sent to a website from Tripadvisor. I thought I was booking via Expedia but was in fact a site pretending to be Expedia which goes by Travelnow and/or Travelscape. The site charged my credit card in full but when I got to the Comfort Inn they did not have my reservation nor did Expedia. When I called the number listed on the charge on my credit card, I got the Travelnow customer service that claimed I did book thru Expedia but my reservation was for the Quality Suites about 5 miles away. I didn't think this was the case but went to the other hotel and they did not have my reservation either. That hotel clerk believed I was scammed. Eventually I gave up with the Travelnow customer service and called to have my cc charge disputed. I wound up booking on my own with the Comfort Inn since rooms were still available. Do not trust any webpage Tripadvisor sends you to make your booking until they work this issue out

With regards to the hotel: Even though I wound paying a higher rate the first night, the hotel staff were able to get me a reduced rate (even lower than the initial rate I paid on the fake online reservation). They went out of there way to help myself and my pregnant wife and make sure we had a pleasant trip. The proximity to Deerfield beach is the key attraction for the hotel. There are very limited options on Deerfield Beach and the only major hotel near the Comfort Inn is the Wyndham (which I have stayed at in the past as well) which charges double the rate for a room. The Comfort Inn allows you easy access to the beach and the bars/restaurants without having to deal with all of the noise and crowding issues at the Wyndham and spend much less. In addition, the Comfort Inn has a great pool with a water slide and a small bar. The negatives are that the building itself is showing clear signs of aging. The beds and rooms are not nowhere as nice as those at the Wyndham (but again you are spending far less)

In summary:
Pros: Close access to beach, pool area, water slide, great staff
Cons: Building shows aging, quality of rooms

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
FL
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Description is misleading. I wanted an a nice ocean view room for a special occasion. I called the motel twice to confirm I would be getting a room with a nice view of the ocean, so i believed although the motel was not beachfront I would get an acceptable view. The motel is behind other motels. You get a view of the water through the space between other buildings. I paid a premium price for what I thought would be a premium room. This was not the case. When I called the front desk to ask for a better room, I was told that I was told I "could see the water." It was very disappointing and the manager was not helpful at all. I stay at comfort inns a lot. I always get an email asking me how my stay was. Not from this location.
This is an inferior location and they take advantage of unsuspecting visitors. They exploit the fact that you "can see the water." Knowing full well that no one would believe a water peek around other buildings passes for what one would expect when paying for an ocean view room. The wifi did not work in the room. When i called the front desk to ask about it I was given a phone number to call for "tech" which was a recording. This is not the view from the room as one may be led to believe from the motel's website. http://www.comfortinn.com/media/eBrochure/ebrochure/FL/FL893/FL893L1.JPG

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Islander642

Travellers are raving about these Deerfield Beach hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is the first time we visited this hotel and was very impressed with the service we recieved, nice clean hotel, great breakfast, loved the pool and very nice staff. We absolutely loved the beach. Just walk out of the hotel and there we were! Great restaurants too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank virginia w
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We needed to get away from all the snow in New York and decided to go down to Florida and back to the Comfort Inn. We always enjoy our stay here and the proximity to the beach and restaurants cannot be beat. We love sitting by the pool and relaxing and the kids have a great time. The rooms are comfortable and we enjoy the continental breakfast and if we are in need of a subway sandwich there's one right next door. Definitely recommend this hotel if you will be in the Deerfield Beach vicinity.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Deerfield Beach has become my favorite destination & I keep on returning! I love the Comfort and all the amenities at the Comfort Inn Oceanside that I received. I also enjoyed all the hospitality I received during my stay from the staff. I look so much forward to just parking my car and leaving it there until I leave. I love walking to the beach and all the restaurants. Complete rest & relaxation & great food! Just what I needed, & I received so much value for my money, so thank you once again Comfort Inn Oceanside! This place is really the VERY BEST KEPT SECRET!

Room Tip: For me I will take any floor where I have an ocean view, but this is not always available. So the ci...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo