“Construction Nightmare”

Comfort Inn Oceanside
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I checked in in the Confort Inn in Aug 9 to celebrate my bday, in the morning of my bday we were awake by the loud noice of construction, specifically a shippinghammer to remove tile at 830 am, it sounded like a war zone, we went to the lobby and they were at that time other guess complaining, we were told to speak to a manager, the most unproffessional rude woman that we have no idea what is she doing in the hospitality bussiness, she lack any type of sympathy for waking up during a vacation many guest, i talk to her in private and she said she did not find that the noise can be a bother to us even thought was the room in top of ours, her name is CHRISTINA RACHELSON,she even made a rude comment that if my husband talk to her she will call 911, at that moment all i wanted was to left the place , she said she will not deduct that last date on our 3 day stay and offered to credit us ten dollars per day in parking, there also no towels, we spend 2 days asking for towels, every time they will tell us that they were been washed and one time they deliver for us to take a bath 2 hand towels, the facility is not well keept, the staff were from been in the front desk to cleaning rooms, one elevator only and all the time full of employees with their cleaning carts, overall we will never go back to that hotel, hardly no channels in the tv, she advise us that the next morning will be noise again, lack of consideration for her guests lack of t least our future business.

Room Tip: bad hotel will not recomend
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terry305

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Me and my family every year take a family vacation to Deerfield beach my mom grew up there on 2nd street so it's so nice to go back and visit... And every year we stay at the comfort inn ... We love the breakfast the staff there are all real nice except for the jerk out by the pool or the pool nazi as we like to call him! It's am amazing location 3 min walk to the beautiful beach can't beat the location of this place! Close to shopping and lots of restaurants ... This year the were painting the halls and doing a lot of renovations but despite all that we had a lovely time... They have to change it up every now and again which we totally understand... I cannot wait til next year to come back love this place!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Loved location, pool was a lot of fun! Breakfast was average. Could have had cleaner rooms. Did see a roach in our room. Guess you get what u pay for. The choice of places to eat was fabulous, all within walking distance. Overall, we had a good time. Second time stayed there.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My trip in June was amazing! The people and staff go out of there way to be as friendly as possible. Not to forget the breakfast in the morning, the pool side and right down the street from the beach. Just lovely. I cant wait to revisit in November for my big birthday with a bunch of my friends. At the price you really can't beat it.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eyezo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friends and I keep returning to this hotel because the hotel makes us comfortable and they know us well! We do the same thing each visit. Beach, beach, beach, then restaurants, restaurants all in walking distance. This was the first time we went for the holiday and the events were spectacular! The price is right and the hotel offers complimentary breakfast every morning & free wifi. This is the only place we go now when we want R&R, Beach activity and so much more!

Room Tip: We always pay a little extra for a room with ocean view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel is ok it's nothing fancy as far as comfort inns go its about in the lower middle but that is made up for by having a killer location. It's latterly a 3 min walk to the beach a 5 min walk to the fishing pier a 4 min walk to all the top bars and restaurants, and had a slide my kids enjoyed that's open till 11 an a pool side bar that I enjoyed. For the price this is hard to beat!

Room Tip: You can request ocean view top floors for a few extra bucks
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went to the Comfort Inn, Deerfield Beach on 06/13-14 for 2 nights stay. Checked in at 5:06 pm and Checked out at 10:00 pm. WHY? BED BUGS IN BED! I was FREAKED OUT.

Ms V. Foste (Clerk) said no charge (duh) and we left. My husband had brought her the 'proof' of bugs (twice) on a tissue. They sent a Guy to spray the room for insects but that would not help the bedding. They offered an upgrade to another room but by then we had discovered a similar complaint regarding bugs and insisted on canceling our reservation. BTW at 5:15 pm we placed our baggage in the room and immediately left to join local friends for dinner. When we returned at 9:45 pm we discovered the first bugs then several more lower under the covers.

Just received Visa Statement and we have been charged $94.85 on 06/13/14!!! NO REFUND. I am OUTRAGED. I would have EXPECTED a BETTER handling of the matter by a hotel like Comfort Inn. Our follow up calls to the General Manager found no interest in customer service and she claims the $94.85 will stay. Our next step is back to Visa and of course placing a story of woe and bad service everywhere.

Anyhow having recorded over several 100,000 Marriott points under prior business travel I would never had imaged a property with such poor CUSTOMER CONSIDERATION or SERVICE! Before considering Comfort Inn in Deerfield Beach FL read all of the reviews possible and save you self problems...we did move to a LaQuinta and had far better facilities at less money!

Also when I did speak with the General Manager on a follow up call. Even though we brought samples of the buges to the Front Desk, she claimed they did no see any when they looked and oh yes Florida might have bugs. SHE THEN REFUSED to provide the actual name of the company owning the property nor the address or telephone # of Comfort Inn Headquarters. Totally uncooperative in all manner possible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Jocelyne J
GMFL893, General Manager at Comfort Inn Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Although we realize that our guests do use Trip Advisor to guide their purchase, we are in the habit to not respond due to the fact that there is no verification process to confirm that the reviewer actually stayed at the property being reviewed. Consequently, we are happy to have our guests provide their reviews with no interference, since we are confident in the positive and objective reviews we will receive. In this case, although every effort was made to accommodate this guest, we were unable to confirm their complaint, and consequently made a decision they were unhappy with. I can assure all of our guests, past, present and future, that any allegations that are made in this regard, are fully and thoroughly investigated and taken care of or resolved appropriately. It would not be in our own best interest to ignore such an allegation.