“Very nice for the $$”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Atlanta
“Very nice for the $$”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

I travel the entire SE for business.

This hotel is an Excellent value in this part of FL.

Hotels in this area are generally expensive.

I was Pleasantly surprised. My room was clean and updated.

1000+ times better than the Comfort Suites one street over.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

We travel with a pet so we stay at a lot of LaQuinta Inns and this was the smallest room we've seen. The Executive King had a king bed and a small twin size sleeper sofa. The closet is so small they used a curtain instead of a door. Open the door and the vanity is right there and the tub and toilet are opposite - small area. There were no trash cans, the sleeper sofa was old and worn, the inside of the bath door had scratch marks from a dog who evidently was put in the bathroom. The room was clean but old. Location is OK and close to I-95. We'll find a different place to stay if we return to this area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dgryan1
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Everyone at this hotel is super friendly! The rooms are clean! And the rates are reasonable. This hotel is definitely a "no frills" hotel so if your looking for room service, on site restaurant, turn down service, etc. look elsewhere. But if you want a hotel that is friendly, comfortable beds, clean rooms and a clean pool, this is the place to be!

Room Tip: Third floor is the best location in the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Whole hotel was very clean. Room was clean and well equipped. Noise from a car alarm in parking lot but that is not the hotels fault. Felt safe because this hotel is in a business/retail area as opposed to the one on the other side of I-95 that is in a residential area.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Good location just off I-95. staff will go out of way to make ur stay enjoyable as possible. Front desk personnel are very helpful.Bathrooms a bit small. Good value for the money. Hotel shows it's age, but is kept in good condition. Free breakfast is a nice bonus.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

If you are looking for a Clean, Comfortable, Mid-Priced Hotel that has easy access to I-95 and the Florida Turnpike, then I HIGHLY recommend this La Quinta Hotel. My sister and I, had some family business to attend to in Boynton Beach, but we didn't want to be too far from the Ft Lauderdale airport, so we stayed at the Deerfield Beach location and were very satisfied with our stay. We required one smoking room and one non-smoking room and both were very nice for the price. My ONLY critique would be, I had a partially functioning microwave oven, that was useable for reheating coffee.
Check-out is at the usual time of 11:00am, but our flight was in the late afternoon and they allowed us to check out at 1:00pm at no extra charge, which was very nice and relaxing for me around the pool and gave my sister some time to catch up on some paperwork for her Teaching job.
There is also a Walgreen's across the parking lot, should you need anything from snacks to Prescriptions, and they are open late.

1 Thank Neil M
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed here for 5 weeks during a work project that was supposed to only be 1 week. It wasn't our favorite La Quinta stay, but it would be fine for a few nights' stay. It's a convenient location, right off of 95 and within walking distance of a Walgreens and Home Depot. There's decent walking space on the grounds for walking a dog. I LOVE that La Quinta's don't charge pet fees. However, my problem was with the housekeeping. The maids who worked on our hall wouldn't come to our room and clean because of our little dog. But the front desk staff was helpful and most were very kind and professional. Towards the end of our stay we noticed the maid service improved a lot. Breakfast is basic but enjoyable, with bagels, cereal, waffles, muffins, fruit, etc, but it ends at 9. The pool and laundry area is clean. The room was clean when we arrived. Mini couch, ottoman, microwave and fridge. The rooms here are pretty small compared to some hotels but have just about any basic accommodation you could need. The bed was soft and comfortable. The cherry on top was having a window that opened so we had fresh air, something I miss at a lot of hotels during long stays. My one major suggestion if you stay is to bring ear plugs. We didn't hear any noise through the walls or floor/ceiling, but you can hear almost everything going on in the hallway, and there can be some really loud people/door slams on the weekends. We'd stay here again, but I wouldn't want to stay there for so long again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business