“Not quite what I wanted”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Deerfield Beach I-95
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Greenville, North Carolina
“Not quite what I wanted”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel overnight before leaving Florida for home. We had been visiting with our son and his family and stayed with them for a few nights. We only checked in here because we knew Monday morning would be busy with them getting ready for work and school. From the outside it is a decent looking hotel and the front desk person was very pleasant. As she tried to check us in another guest kept interrupting that "my TV doesn't work". The front desk clerk said very calmly several times "I'll be right with you, I'm checking someone in now". By the third time I would have been screaming at this woman, but the hotel employee remained calm....very impressive.

I had booked an Executive King Suite and it was very spacious and very clean. Towels were very plentiful, linens nice and white, AC worked well. We did find the room to be a bit noisy, between other guests slamming doors and the traffic that you could hear along with the train whistles. We found the beds to be uncomfortable and the pillows were plentiful but poor. My main reason for not giving a good rating was the number of dogs staying on the property. Unfortunately I had not checked to see if they accept pets before I booked. I personally do not wish to sleep in a bed that someone's dog slept in the night before. Previous experiences at rental condos with fleas have made me fussy about this.

The breakfast room was nice and the choices were adequate, as most free breakfasts will be, but I had coffee before we left. Prices are good for the area, and as I said the place itself was clean, but the dogs made it a "do not book" for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grana103

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week in April with my family would have lived to stay longer but was not in our budget. Loved it here. Clean rooms friendly staff. Nikki, Ariel and the super friendly ladies with long black curly hair whose name unfortunately I did not get were outstanding!!! They were amazingly friendly my kids loved them. Also the handy man Ronald? Absolutely friendly went above and beyond with helpful service. If you stay at this hotel you will love it!

• Stayed April 2013
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over the last 2 years. I have a child that is in school at FAU. We really liked it in the past. Not sure what has happened to this hotel. The room was dirty and had a real bad smell. Bathroom was not clean found hair in the tub. The next morning we were awaken by a barking dog. I called the front desk they said they would take care of it. My wife and I showered and packed to the STILL barking dog.
The morning started off bad and got worse....We got stuck in the elevator. finally we were free!
Went to have breakfast and was advised that they stop serving breakfast in 10 min. I explained to the server that we were stuck in the elevator..Her reply was I don't care. since the elevator is broken I have to lug all this stuff up the stairs. I went to the front desk and there was a lady complaining about the dog too. The front desk clerk said they were working on it. For my problem they said breakfast hours are what they are.
I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Greeted by a wonderful, friendly front desk staff. Room clean and updated. Good breakfast. Location is wonderful. The highways are close by, wonderful shopping, beach is just down Hillsboro Blvd, great restaurants in the area. Washer and drier are rarely busy.
Good place to escape the cold of the north for a month (or more or less)

Room Tip: Room that face the front are quieter than the back as the pool is in the back.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Capable and extremely friendly staff , spotless rooms, more than ample free breakfast with free daily newspaper to read by the pool...a Walgreens next door, I95 one block over and within 10min drive east max Deerfield Beach - a favorite relaxation spots in the area. This is my second stay in 2 months and I just can't find one negative thing to say. I am a retired CEO and have circled the globe many times ...I know value - trust me - THIS IS ONE .

Room Tip: all great - for a bit more get the suite
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family