La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Suites(Deerfield Beach)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Oceanside(Deerfield Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Tropic Isle Beach Resort(Deerfield Beach)
View Hotel
Deerfield Beach Motel(Deerfield Beach)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Do not stay here if you want to get anything done on the Wi-Fi. The PING is not bad 29ms, but the download 0.96 Mbps and the upload 0.16 Mbps. I could practically go to my dial-up modem from 15 years ago and get better speed. they are lying this is not free high-speed Internet.

Other than that the rooms are relatively clean, a little on the run downside. I think that dog was chewing on my headboard. At least I hope it was a dog, room 333.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GregKnott
Reviewed 8 February 2014

First, it's hard to find, but that can be a good thing. It has exterior corridors and room just didn't seem clean. Didn't seem well cared for, although a decent sized room. Was old and worn and not very inviting. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ibyke
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Ok, as background I stay in numerous (180 nights plus per year) hotels. This is not the worst I've ever stayed at, but very close. Wife and I needed a room outside Miami, and I told her after searching other places "La Quintas are typically very consistent", can't go wrong for the price, which was $129 that night. Oh my was I wrong. The first floor room was even before we opened it quite interesting. Door handle not quite secure, cracks all around the perimeter of the outside facing room, high fenced walls greeted the adjacent strip mall, caging their AC unit. Really? Who cages their AC unit? Obviously red flags went up.

Suspended caution, and entered room 112, which was an ADA room. Ok, I've stayed in them as well. Not a big deal. Walk in, smells musty, odd, but appears clean. Continue in, and first 5 minutes we find 3 cockroaches. Ok, we collect them, dump them outside, and return. I understand "Palmetto Bugs" are prevalent in FL. But after we went out for dinner, two more were in our room on our return. Found one that crawled under the flat screen TV apparently permanently affixed to the dresser (not uncommon in hotels) however I tried to flush it out with the key card packet, and what came out was horribly disgusting. Black, nasty, filthy crap, but no cockroach. Must have made an escape there. Looked under lamp just right of the TV, looked horrid, like it wasn't cleaned in months! Black, nasty crap caked on the surface. It's really not hard to clean under a lamp.

I suspended normal caution, checking constantly, and finding more roaches that retreated to the wall sockets, under the TV, etc. woke up in the morning with a roach we named George, who was crawling all around the ceiling. At least it was up there, not around us. Ever the optimists we got ready, with more roach sightings, and went to get some coffee from the breakfast bar. I'm used to crappy hotel coffee, but this took the prize. Scalding hot flavorless crap came out of the spout. The creamer must have spoiled, and not kept well.

So in summary, if you want a overpriced LaQuinta that has roaches on the first floor rooms at least (really how hard is it to spray? Especially a freaking hotel?????) then please, stay here. Expect to over pay. For example we stayed on the beach with a beautiful two room suite in Melbourne, FL for less then this place.

The front desk clerk was friendly.

Be advised!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Came here for a business trip. Booked non-smoking room but room has strong smoke odor. Besides receptionist is very Rude as they are chatting all the time. Room looks cheap and dirty. Look for another place! I am glad that I am only staying here one night. Avoid at all cost!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mkohei
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I never let my bare feet touch the ground. I hated the cat walk to the room. I refused to shower after seeing the inside of the tub/shower combination. Breakfast was awful. When asking about room rates, be careful. What they quote over the phone vs when you walk in will be different. Make sure you get the name of the person you spoke with. Totally a scuzzed out feeling.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple