“Not where you want to stay”

La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Not where you want to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at various LaQuinta Inns around the country and this is the worst one I have ever stayed at. The rooms are in desperate need of remodeling and they smell. To make matters worse the rooms have a roach problem. The pool area was dirty as was the pool very little maintence. The continental breakfast are is very small so you might find yourself at Ihop as an alternative. Free is not always worth it so free continental breakfast is not very interesting here. In all fairness the staff were friendly but there is just so much you can do with an old hotel if the owners don't care.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting! I was on my way to my room and saw a roach running around the hall!? Then I get to my room and it smells terrible. Like smoke. So dissapointed! $100 more and I could be beach front!

• Stayed March 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Rooms were OK. Don't leave any candy wrappers out or the roaches will carry them away but I guess that is any place in Florida. Breakfast wasn't very good & they ran out of milk & yogurt fast. Nobody seemed to care to refill it without someone begging to the front desk. Rooms were nice but the WI-Fi was as slow as dial-up. I'd rate it a C+. Nothing is fancy for sure but what do you expect from a La Quinta Inn.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are a lot quieter! Doors have huge gaps under them. A snake could crawl under them.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

check in was pleasant & easy///this inn must be one the older inns but was clean///shower needs to be fixed so it doesn't waste water///location is good but no list of places to eat///don't eat at wendys next to inn as thefood was cold and there new sandwich must have been cooked hours ago//// all workers at the inn were nice///ero

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wow !!! After reading all the reviews, I was scared to stay here but aft not being able to find any other hotels that would let me bring my little dog I had to stay here and boy just another reason you can't believe reviews!!!
Ok....my am not saying its the ritz but we had a clean room no worn out furniture, no stains, no bugs!! Room looked renovated, new carpet, new flooring in bathroom. Bed very comfortable and very quiet !!!! Shocked !!! The ac unit was a little loud and the mirror looked a little cloudy. I was really looking for something bad, I just couldn't come up with anything. Area around looked fine,grass for my dog and well lite up.
I don't know what everyone else was thinking except that maybe I got a renovated room.
I stayed in building 2 behind the first building and on the second floor.
I have traveled all over the world and this was far, far from worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!!!!!
All we did is spend one night.
We wouldn't have a problem staying here again,maybe not my first choice but would be ok for a night.
Just an older style building.
Front desk women was excellent and very friendly !!

Room Tip: I would try the second building in back of front building
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pacifica, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Someone booked this room for us. What a terrible stay. The hotels needs a renovation, doors are dirty, carpets old, outdated furniture, etc. the rooms are not cleaned properly, the staff is untrained and unprofessional, wifi works off and on, should I continue?

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Do not stay here if you want to get anything done on the Wi-Fi. The PING is not bad 29ms, but the download 0.96 Mbps and the upload 0.16 Mbps. I could practically go to my dial-up modem from 15 years ago and get better speed. they are lying this is not free high-speed Internet.

Other than that the rooms are relatively clean, a little on the run downside. I think that dog was chewing on my headboard. At least I hope it was a dog, room 333.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business