“Not accommodating!”

Best Western Crossroads Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Manager/owner would not credit our room after our moving van broke down and we could not make it to the hotel that night. We had stayed here several times and as "ok", but was convenient traveling back and forth from LA and FL and allowed pets. He chose to loose years of our business over one night's stay. Poor customer service and bad business sense!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
voncile c, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

I am very sorry that you are upset about our charging you a no show, however as I told you when we spoke over the phone when a guest makes a reservation we hold the room for them unless they call to cancel. On the night in question we were full and could have sold your room several time over Therefore we charged you a no show.

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I thought this was going to be the worst hotel experience when we arrrived. This hotel is old! However, it is super clean! The service was great and the breakfast had everything you could imagine for the price!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

First off, the staff was phenomenal. Especially the evening waitress. Remembered my drink order after only one meal. The hotel is adequate. AC works well, room was clean, internet worked well, and everything functioned. I had no complaints, but for a better rating, the hotel needs to upgrade and renovate. I agree that there seemed to be a smoke flavor to the air throughout the hotel. I found it a little odd in a rural Florida town that the lobby goes to WWIII lockdown after sunset, but maybe Defuniak is more dangerous than it seems. Overall, it works for the price and the staff is awesome.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Voncile C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you , we do have a great staff here.
And we are planning on improving the hotel in the fall.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Enjoy a great few days at the Best Western-Oceanfront with my son and daughter. The staff was great, hotel was beautiful recently remodeled. I will go back again. Being directly on the beach with a beautiful view.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Family member in the hospital there in DeFuniak Springs. We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, one of the cleanest rooms, I have seen at a hotel. Free breakfast buffet was included in the price, very good! All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Overall my stay was ok. I remember the rooms being nicer. I needed to run the heater in my room and it smelled terrible. I didnt tell the staff about it but I'm sure they would have found me a different room. Breakfast was good, but the staff could be happier. Stayed elswere the 3rd night because having an out of date restaurant didn't justify the added expense.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The room smelled musty and clearly was overdone with air freshner. In the morning when the air freshner wore off, it smell of animal (we hope) urine. When we told the front desk, she seemed uninterested and believe she threw away our comment card.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael F
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeFuniak Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Spr...
#2 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
#1 of 1 in Ponce de Leon
Hotel DeFuniak
Hotel DeFuniak
#4 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs

Been to Best Western Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!