“fantastic place really nice accommodating people”
Review of Deland Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in DeLand
Deland Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 DeLand B&B and Inns
DeLand, Florida
“fantastic place really nice accommodating people”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The room, facilities were terrific suiting our needs exactly.

The breakfast was catered for our needs and full filling.

Plenty of space and our own en-suite/bathroom

Pleasant and friendly owners

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BMW24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My husband and I lived in DeLand 5 years ago, and we've been back to visit many times over the years. We've stayed at the University Inn and Comfort Inn, among other places, but this was our first time traveling there with two toddlers, and we were looking for a little more space. DeLand Country Inn met our needs perfectly. I should mention that there are many, many things that need improvement at the Country Inn. There are no window shades, just thin curtains which do not really block out the light. This also goes for the curtain separating the twin beds from the main bedroom in Room 1. There's a nearby bell tower which chimes every 15 minutes - it never woke me up, but you CAN hear it in your bedroom. I brought a white-noise machine for our kids' room, and they slept soundly. It was cold the weekend we traveled, and the room got pretty cold, too. But there was a space heater that we turned on in the kid's room, and we just piled on some extra blankets and dressed warmly and we were fine. There's no central air - I did notice a small a/c unit in one of the windows, but I can't tell how well it would handle summer heat. The bathroom in Room 1 was TINY, and they somehow squeezed a shower in there, too. I did not have a problem with it, and my husband even took a shower with our 2 year old one day, but a large person may have a hard time. Cleanliness was average in our room. We had a friend with us staying in Room 3, and the bathroom, though very large, was not too clean. Some mold in the shower, and a valve that leaked so badly it literally gushed water. Which brings me to the title of my review. If this were a chain hotel, I would have rushed down to the lobby with a list of complaints and demands. But for some reason, possibly the age of the home and the hospitality of the owners, I just overlooked the minor inconveniences and had a great time here. And I am usually VERY picky about bedtime situations. Mark, the owner, makes a super breakfast (literally anything you'd like, and prepared very promptly), and was very accomodating with the needs of our 2 and 4 year old children. It seemed like any question we asked, the answer was, "What would YOU like?" No rigid rules here - everything is just as if you were staying with friends.
We will gladly come back again. However, next time I'll bring some Clorox wipes to give a once-over to the place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DeFamily_x4
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Stayed one night with a girlfriend at this B&B and it was great. The building has so much character and you really felt like you were back in time a bit. The room was clean and roomy with a lot of natural sunlight. Main road out front but you didn't notice the traffic or any noise from it. The owner is what really makes the difference here though. Super easy to talk to and very interesting without being overbearing. We got to pick what we wanted for breakfast and service was always with a smile and warmth you would hope to find at a private B&B. We will go back for sure!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Boca Raton
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I read about this quaint B&B and it sounded just perfect. A small place with a friendly atmosphere, close to where we needed to be. The reality was that my small room was very dirty, the bed had bugs, the AC did not work well, and there were no dark curtains. I canceled my second night and found another place in New Smyrna Beach. Mark really tried his best, was very welcoming, but the place needs a lot of care and work. I was so excited to try and English breakfast but we ended up with frozen waffles and nothing much else. I travel monthly for work and always stay at local B&Bs. I have to say this was one of my worst experiences ever. This was my colleagues first time not staying at a chain hotel and now I think she's going back to them she was so put off.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank fksm918
Miami
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Great location withing walking distance of restaurants in downtown Deland. Breakfast was delicious and the host very friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed here after a trip to Blue Springs which is great place to visit. The bed and breakfast is about 15 to 20 minutes from the springs. Mark the owner is very nice and helpful with suggestions to eat and go for drinks. This bed and breakfast is very comfortable. The house is about 130 years old and has a lot of character. The bed and breakfast has 5 rooms and 4 out of the 5 rooms has it's own shower and restroom which is great. The other rooms that doesn't have a bathroom inside of the room has a full bathroom right outside of the bedroom. Also you get breakfast in the morning (homemade) and it's awesome. There's nothing better than waking up to the smell of bacon!!! I highly suggest this place if your ever in DeLand.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank christinajoy79
Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Rooms were cozy, off street parking, very quiet area, walking distance to downtown. Mini fridge and coffee maker in room. Wonderful front porch. Hosts were extremely nice and accomodating. Great breakfasts with or with out tea. The home has a very British feel. Will return to this great and peaceful place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AineFlorida
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Comfort Inn - De Land
Cassadaga Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cassadaga
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Alling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Deland Country Inn? Share your experiences!