“WONDERFUL RIVER TOUR”

Blue Heron River Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in DeLand
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate a 45 foot, 49 passenger Coast Guard licensed tour boat out of Hontoon Landing Resort and Marina in Deland, Florida.
Ormond Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL RIVER TOUR”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This tour was spectacular. Jordan was our very knowledgeable captain. It's obvious that he loves this area and enjoys sharing his wealth of information. We were treated to sights of baby and adult alligators, many many beautiful birds, manatees and the lush St. John River area.......all accompanied by a passionate narration from Jordan. This was our first time on this tour, but definitely not our last!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Norma M

Crestone, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful tour of the Florida environment”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was the first time I have had the chance to see this environment. I'm a Colorado Rocky Mountain guy so the change was what I was looking for. The Captain provided an excellent tour. It was more than I expected. He did not rush, was extremely knowledgeable about the birds and reptiles we saw and gave a running oral history of the area.

This was one of those times when the experience was better than expected. The staff gave much more than required and it serves them well.

1 Thank MtnManDanF
Edison, New Jersey
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!!!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was not my first time on this cruise.....and it will not be my last. Wonderful relaxing way to see the unspoiled beauty of Florida away from the amusement rides and highrise hotels. Gary is extremely knowledgeable. so it's also a great learning experience about Florida and the St John's River as well as the are wildlife. Do not miss this trip.

1 Thank P F B
Sanford, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent & affordable”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The river tour was excellent and the guide even allowed us to stay out longer because we were seeing such great wildlife. Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean restrooms and facilities.

2 Thank Anne W
Chorley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great value, wonderful experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I turned up for our morning cruise on Wednesday. It was a cool, grey morning and we found that we were the only two to brave the weather. We wouldn't have been surprised if they decided to cancel the trip - but to our amazement they still started the boat up and we ended up with a 'private tour' along the river. The trip was fantastic - its a MUST for wildlife lovers and I would imagine that even if some in your party are not, the enthusiasm of the captain and team is sufficient to capture anyone's attention. Their knowledge is extensive and they have a great eye for a 'spot' - we saw bald eagles, bitterns, a green heron, blue herons, vultures, alligators amongst much other wildlife....all in their own, beaautiful habitat.
If you are looking for something different to do whilst in Florida, I can't stress how good this was.
We will be taking the rest of the family at Christmas and recommending it to everyone that rents out our holiday home in the meantime.
Hint - binoculars are a great way to see the wildlife even closer but if you don't have your own, don't worry,they even hire them out at $2
I can't wait to return - thankyou so much for a great morning

1 Thank DPCHORLEY

Been to Blue Heron River Tours? Share your experiences!