“Best on the River!”

Blue Heron River Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in DeLand
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate a 45 foot, 49 passenger Coast Guard licensed tour boat out of Hontoon Landing Resort and Marina in Deland, Florida.
Daytona Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best on the River!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Absolutely no doubt about it... this is the #1 boat tour on the St. John's River!! The vessel is clean & very comfortable (with it's own head), and they sell cold soft drinks and snacks aboard at fair prices. We've gone back and had both Capt's Gary and Jordan as our tour guides. Both well-studied & witty AND clearly know their subject matter very well. Further, they are both quite passionate about the beauty and wonder that is the St. John's River. If there is something to see, they'll find it and show it to you (up close & personal too)!

1 Thank BuddDr

49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Have lived in the Volusia Cty area for 10 yrs and had heard about the Manatee sanctuary but never visited - what a mistake! And this boat journey was the topper. We bought the tickets on-line so received a buck off each, we were blessed with a very slow day so no crowds, and the weather was just cool enough.
But the key is the guide's amazing knowledge of the flora, fauna, animals, history, and any and every little factoid to make the 2 hrs fly by.
I was prepared for cheezy and schlock, and I got the opposite.
We'll worth the time, cost, and drive.

1 Thank Insguy73
Seminole, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Birds, Birds, Birds and Some Gators, Too!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Jordan, our most wonderful and knowledgable guide and captain, motored the large, comfortable, covered and newish pontoon boat through the St. John's River. He pointed out so many species of flora and fauna I thought I was doing research for my next biology exam. The man knows his Florida wildlife and plant life. Making reservations for your tour is something I would recommend. It made checking in quite easy with the friendly staff. This was one of the best Eco tours I have been on. You may be able to find a discount coupon for the tour if you do a little research.

1 Thank FLgirl06
Williamsburg, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Eco River Tour”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Captain Gary provides a great eco river tour for an excellent value. The river was very relaxing and Captain Gary and his wife are very knowledgeable. He is very accommodating of photographers and many questions. Great bird photo opportunity and even a gator or two. Just being on the water is fantastic and a break from the tourist portion of Florida.

1 Thank Boldvigil
Kingston, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Kept Secret in DeLand”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

While visiting my daughter, my brother and I had no plans for the day, so the three of us decided to try the BHRT, which is about an easy half hour drive along I-4 from her home. Wow! What a neat experience. The pilot of the boat was very knowledgeable regarding the wildlife and flora along the St. Johns River. Not only did we learn a lot, but we saw all kinds of birds, turtles, and gators. We even spotted a deer wading in the water. We were there at a time when most of the manatees weren't around, but that didn't put a damper on the experience. The pilot often pulled the water craft close to points of interest so we could get a clear view and take pictures. Very cool! I also want to take the opportunity to express how helpful and courteous the folks in the gift shop were; thanks to all you guys. We all highly recommend this little slice of environmental heaven.

Visited May 2014

Been to Blue Heron River Tours? Share your experiences!