“Fun & Relaxing Boat Tour”

Blue Heron River Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in DeLand
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate a 45 foot, 49 passenger Coast Guard licensed tour boat out of Hontoon Landing Resort and Marina in Deland, Florida.
Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Fun & Relaxing Boat Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked this tour through Groupon and were very glad that we did! Captain Gary greeted us, and the rest of the guests, with a smile, and had a warm-hearted and humorous attitude the entire trip. He was very comfortable as both a captain and a tour guide, as he guided our small group along the St. Johns' and Dead Rivers for about two hours. The scenery was amazing, and the lack of people for several hours made us forget that we were just outside of such a crowded area.
Captain Gary never ran out of things to talk about, and knew so much about the area and wildlife. He always made sure everyone saw everything that he did. This is an excellent tour If you are looking for a relaxing, scenic, and informative boat ride through seemingly untouched areas.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Matthew S

Orlando, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent tour of the Florida Aquafer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very pleasant day on the river. This tour is entertaining and educational. The tour guide made sure that everyone got the pictures and views they were interested in. He would turn, back up etc to give everyone look at a myriad of birds and gators and the native plant life along the river. The day was so laid back it was easy to learn and not even know you were being taught.

Visited July 2014
Indianapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must see, must do trip and tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I took my two daughters, 19 and 21, on this tour. It was VERY WELL DONE. The facility is clean and professional. The captain was VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. I had an excellent time, as well as my daughters. The education about the river, the plants, the animals, all made it WELL WORTH THE PRICE.

Visited August 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“BLUE HERON RIVER TOUR IS TERRIFIC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our day with Blue Heron River tours. The people are very friendly, the ride on the river is beautiful and our captain/guide was extremely informative and gave us a great lecture on the river, the animals we saw and the flora/fauna. We highly recommend this tour for anyone interested in enjoying and preserving the environment and especially for kids who are learning to value our waterways.

Visited July 2014
Saint John, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Had a Blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This tour was not on our original Orlando vacation plan...I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy upon landing in Florida and was in hospital for a couple days. Once released, most of our Orlando plans got squashed (since my right eye wouldn't close properly I had to cancel things like water parks and day trips to the beach since it would be too easy to get something in my eye).

I was really glad we found this tour. It was fun, informative, and SO beautiful! So, although it wasn't in my original plan, I was certainly glad we took the tour.

The tour was just over 2 hours. It was touch-and-go with the rain, but turned out to be sunny most of the trip! ....The Captain was funny and had us laughing the whole trip. Not to mention kinda cute ;) We got to see all types of birds, gators, turtles, fish, etc. I would do this tour again, but next time during Manatee season :)

Visited June 2014