“southern BBQ with yummy fixins'”
Review of Porkie's BBQ

Porkie's BBQ
Ranked #31 of 187 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I drove past this little place for 2 years and never considered eating there. In Nov. Someone asked if I would meet them there for lunch. I was taken aback by the sign that said "you will love our butts." It has that hometown feel of a place that has aged with loyal customers who have worn the floors, tables and chairs out. I hope the owner doesnt remodel for a long time because all the memorabilia is fun to see. I ordered BBQ chicken, friends ordered pork and beef. All the meats were moist and yummy. The menu offers a variety of veggies plus there is usually a couple of specials posted on a board. My favs are dirty potatoes, fried okra, and if your lucky, sweet potato casserole. Hope you meet the owner and have a chance to banter with him because he is the persona of the place.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went here on a Sunday with extended family. I had the "Killer Ribs" and they were pretty good. Although out of my four ribs, one of then was noticeably larger, hence better, because it was more meaty than the others. The coleslaw was good, as were the "dirty" potatoes. Other folks in my party were also happy with their meals. Don't know if this was a special or not, but they were selling draft beers for only $1, which is pretty low pricing. Service was fast too, so all in all, I'd give a big thumbs up here.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I'm always one for trying family owned restaurants as they always tend to be better than the chains. The pulled pork is AWESOME and the dirty taters and mac and cheese were a big hit with my family. The staff is very welcoming and know exactly what they're doing to keep their customers satisfied. We will DEFINITELY be back as soon as possible!!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Hands down, the best BBQ in area. Born and raised in the south, we appreciated the southern style. Highly recommend

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Not only the worst BBQ we've ever had but when you see employees touching the food with no gloves and feeding each other customer food like some kind of game, it makes us gag. Will never return here and not just because of the handling of food but the price and quality as well. Watch closely, it's what you don't see that should be a concern.

1  Thank Harley D