“Awesome FOOD”

Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Dobro's Deland Family owned and operated, Dobro's offers high quality and delicious cuisine in Deland, FL. Owned by the Knott family, who are known for offering Italian food that is made using traditional methods. The ingredients are all fresh- from the cheese in our pizza to the tomatoes for our sauce. Fresh fruits and vegetables, home roasted meats, in house baked bread and dough made daily. Everyday a New Lunch Special and every night Dinner Specials. Fresh homemade soups and desserts.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have had the opportunity to eat at this Restaurant a few times and it is very consistent. They also have a great selection of beer. Would recommend having lunch or dinner here to ALL my friends. The staff is so friendly and great conversations are had.

1  Thank StardustCruiser

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I love Chicago deep dish pizza, so I was excited to try this place. I have been here several times and I get their medium Hawaiian deep dish pizza with Greek salad everytime. The pizza is delicious and has lots of sauce, dough, and flavor. Their breadsticks are awesome too. We've always had good service here. It is a small restaurant but there is always plenty of room. Indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I just got back into town and was glad to know that the service and food here has not changed...excellent sandwiches and salads....don't forget the pizza is out of this world great...

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We went to Dobro's for the first time last night. Excellent service and we loved the pizza! We will be back! The fried cheesecake is to die for!!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Do you know how you go into a restaurant really wanting to love the food, just because the people serving your are so nice? Well, that was my hope the first time I was greeted by the pleasant, knowledgeable server in the jaunty hat in my first DoBro's visit. In my never-ending search to find true Chicago style pizza since suffering debilitating depression when my only hometown pizza link, Uno's, closed down in Daytona, I decided to try DoBro's. My trifecta score: crust, sauce, cheese, was pretty low the first time I tried a simple cheese pie here. The crust was thick, but no taste. I do not order meat on pizza because I want the taste of the sauce to come through, not the meat spices and the sauce was bland. The cheese was adequate. I was sad.

However, I really liked the young lady serving and her attitude, so I waited a few weeks, and tried again. This time I decided to try something more interesting; so, I started with the Cobb salad. My salad score is based on the "stuff"; how many goodies are crowning the lettuce. Let me say, this salad was a 6 score out of 5. I had to dig through bacon, chicken, avacado, egg, bleu cheese, etc.; all the Cobb calories, and it was a heavenly trip! If you are a stickler for authenticity and expect your Cobb to be topped in the traditonal, prechewed nuggetts lain in perfectly measured columns across the top,, you will not be happy with this chunky delight. I say it soars over the version at the fancy place downtown, where I always pitch the cinnamon roll, anyway. The dressing was thin,though, rather tasted like ranch with three little pieces of (Roquefort?) cheese swimming around; but I'm not a person who claims to love salad but really loves a bowl of dressing. Warm bread sticks accompanied it, but they were bland and tasteless...a swipe of garlic butter, a sprinkle of parm, a little something, please; but of course they beat out little crackers in plastic. I'm happy.

Back to pizza. I decided to steer clear of the sauced varieties and ordered Caprese. While I'd make the same suggestion toward the crust as the bread sticks, the topping was perfect...lots of cheese, fresh tomato, and the perfect amount of garlic. Really happy!

Let me just say, if you want to find out if your date just loves you for your money, bring her here; because she'll think you have none. There is absolutely no ambiance; green walls, tile floors, six tables inside, two tables outside; and some Chicago themed pictures on the wall arranged with pages torn from coloring books(well, ok some of them were better than the modern pieces in Chicago's art museum). But if you want to feel like you're eating in your own kitchen with people who care about you, come and enjoy. The food was so great, who cared what artwork Mom threw up on the walls, right?

A final attention to detail at DoBro's is that the house wine is Black Swan, not some discount store California backwash. In addition to the regular beers, they have Goose Island , Honker's Ale, and something called 321, the server's favorite. She will be happy to tell you all about it, and you'll be impressed that she took the time to share. Get out of the downtown rut after one of the myriad street fairs, festivals, etc., and enjoy!

1  Thank myirysheyes

Been to Dobro's? Share your experiences!