“down home food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2013

reasonable prices and good service
casual atmosphere--jeans are good
fried fish very good, salad bar is just ok
large servings will satisfy anyone

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We came across this restaurant while exploring the area. Everyone was very friendly, and exceptionally patient while we perused the menu (since it was obvious we were new to the place). The food was excellent. We had fun looking at all the pics of western stars from John Wayne to Elvis to James Dean to the TV stars of the 60's. Our server offered a to-go cup for my iced tea and I thought it would be just the tea left in my glass on the table. Wrong! She brought 2-qt. carryout cup filled with fresh tea. This is definitely a do-over for us!

1  Thank Marilyn G
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Brian's is a single-entity restaurant, not a chain. It serves pulled pork, ribs, burgers, chicken, fish, and an assortment of other items. I love the John Wayne Burger...has everything on it, I think, but the kitchen sink. Their daily fish special is always good, too, and a HUGE portion. My husband likes their cole slaw and almost any beef dish they do. Good stuff!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We got a meal to go on our way to the beach. The bbq pork was good but dry and overcooked. The bbq chicken was good. The coleslaw was a few tablespoons in a tiny cup usually used when getting a little salad dressing. The macaroni salad was the same small portion. Not happy with that. We prefer Oakwood Smokehouse in Lady Lake, Villages and Leesburg
Sonny's also has larger portions.

1  Thank 58Piano
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Special when we visited was a sirloin steak. Did not think it would be the place for steak but decided to go for it. My husband had the BBQ pork and thought not was really good! My steak was probably the best I have had in several years! Our waitress was very helpful and kept a track of our needs and checked back often! She really made us feel welcome! It was a very good meal and experience! Thumbs up!

1  Thank Reinhas