“Great night stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in DeLand
Chimney Corner Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was passing through town to meet up with a client of mine, this was one of the first properties I had seen so I decided to stay the night. The staff was very friendly, the room was great for a nights stay and I enjoyed the town as a whole. It was my first time to DeLand Florida but I will be back soon and will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike L

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here with my family during a trip to central florida. Found it to be a great affordable place to stay for a few days. Rooms came with free wifi which was nice. Family owned and friendly staff. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tony R
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at the chimney motel with my family in February 2013 and had a very pleasant stay. The room was very clean and quiet. We also had free wifi in the rooms. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Joinkim13
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This motel has been in existence for over 50 years. It still has jalousy windows in the bathroom and in rear of sleeping area, so there has been no significant structural upgrade since its original construction. The room air conditioner is underpowered, leading to a stuffy night even in mid October; would hate to stay here when it is really hot. English is not the proprietor's native language, but he can understand you if you speak slowly and await his answers. The bed was comfortable; the pillow was overstuffed, leading to a stiff sore neck in the morning. The drapes do block light and you do not hear traffic noise, so sleep is possible. Microwave and dorm refrigerator are room features although the door card poses a $4/day charge for use of either. The room seems clean but smells musty. The showerhead is 5'8" above the floor, so short folks will love it but if you're 6' or more, you will have to kneel to get your head wet. There's no shampoo but there is soap. I paid $90/day for a 3 day stay. Frankly, I was stunned by what I found after the rave reviews on TripAdvisor. There were never more than 4 or 5 cars any of the three nights that I was there. I did get mildly spooked the second night when a loud banging on my door awakened me. When I posed a challenge through the door, a woman asked me to allow her to use my cell phone so that she could summon a taxi. There is no peephole in the door, but even if there were, I would not have opened the door. She/they moved on at that point or I would have used my phone to alert law enforcement. I have every intention of avoiding this motel in the future.

Room Tip: choose another motel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank woodmac
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We stayed here for a few days and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Reasonably priced and the rooms were kept clean. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick1565
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This was my first trip to the area and was just passing by for the night. It was rather late and just needed a place to stay and was looking for something clean and reasonable. When I checked in I asked to see the room first, and to my surprise it was quite nice! The room was clean and smelled good. The rate was very reasonable so I took it for the night. I will definitely stop by on my way back through DeLand!

Room Tip: Nice
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank BeachBuddy21212
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Friendly staff, nice place, convenience to our event and reasonable price. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business