“Excellent Stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in DeLand
Chimney Corner Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I stayed here on our trip to Florida and I was quite impressed with our stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful to us. He recommended a local restaurant for us to have dinner and we were impressed with the food there as well. All in all I would recommend this motel to other patrons and when I am back in the area I already know where I will be staying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Needed a place to stay on the cheap while in Deland, this place was picked was only because of location and price not much else. Paid $50 something plus tax per night. A little annoying at first trying to organize stay- you can’t book online and they don’t book over the phone. They only have a website with a phone number. Called ahead of time worried I might not get room because I needed to check in at 1am- they said they said they had availability and a night bell I could ring when I get in for service. After staying there two nights realized it was not a busy place and shouldn’t have worried about booking before hand. As for the room and hotel, very bare bones. Towels, hand soap and facial soap bars were really the only items for guests. That being said did have a mini fridge and microwave. Threadbare sheets and towels though but after seeing cleaning service realized it’s because they bleach the hell out of everything.. which can’t say I mind that. Could be cleaned much more thoroughly, couldn’t say it was the cleanest place I every stayed. Nice owners if you make the effort.. can tell they’ve seen their fair share of rough guests. All in all if you’re just looking for a cheap place to sleep, don’t really care if it’s very clean and can PROMPTY be out by 10:30am this may work for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 33_chewy_33
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at Chimney Corner Motel after reading many of reviews and I really would not recommend it. It is older, hard to find electrical outlet to even charge our cell. Not a good value for the cost of the room for 1 night. Bed was comfortable enough, just could not get past the older decor, wall paper coming off, & just too out of date. Needs some remodel help with code enforced upgrades to rooms. Right on a busy highway and too noisy. Would not stay her again.

Room Tip: Maybe a room at the back of the lot would be better???
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ibatraveling99

Travellers are raving about these DeLand hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was passing through town to meet up with a client of mine, this was one of the first properties I had seen so I decided to stay the night. The staff was very friendly, the room was great for a nights stay and I enjoyed the town as a whole. It was my first time to DeLand Florida but I will be back soon and will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike L
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here with my family during a trip to central florida. Found it to be a great affordable place to stay for a few days. Rooms came with free wifi which was nice. Family owned and friendly staff. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tony R
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at the chimney motel with my family in February 2013 and had a very pleasant stay. The room was very clean and quiet. We also had free wifi in the rooms. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Joinkim13
Pensacola
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This motel has been in existence for over 50 years. It still has jalousy windows in the bathroom and in rear of sleeping area, so there has been no significant structural upgrade since its original construction. The room air conditioner is underpowered, leading to a stuffy night even in mid October; would hate to stay here when it is really hot. English is not the proprietor's native language, but he can understand you if you speak slowly and await his answers. The bed was comfortable; the pillow was overstuffed, leading to a stiff sore neck in the morning. The drapes do block light and you do not hear traffic noise, so sleep is possible. Microwave and dorm refrigerator are room features although the door card poses a $4/day charge for use of either. The room seems clean but smells musty. The showerhead is 5'8" above the floor, so short folks will love it but if you're 6' or more, you will have to kneel to get your head wet. There's no shampoo but there is soap. I paid $90/day for a 3 day stay. Frankly, I was stunned by what I found after the rave reviews on TripAdvisor. There were never more than 4 or 5 cars any of the three nights that I was there. I did get mildly spooked the second night when a loud banging on my door awakened me. When I posed a challenge through the door, a woman asked me to allow her to use my cell phone so that she could summon a taxi. There is no peephole in the door, but even if there were, I would not have opened the door. She/they moved on at that point or I would have used my phone to alert law enforcement. I have every intention of avoiding this motel in the future.

Room Tip: choose another motel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank woodmac
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Comfort Inn - De Land
Orange City Motel
Orange City Motel
#3 of 5 in Orange City
Alling House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Chimney Corner Motel? Share your experiences!