“25 years of good food and service”
Review of El Rancho Mexicano

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Rancho Mexicano
Ranked #90 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I hadn't been in Deland in a long time and many of my old favorite restaurants are no longer there. El Rancho is still providing good food at an excellent value. No wonder this family-run business has been around 25 years.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

While my wife and I live in Arizona, we always visit this wonderful restaurant when visiting family and friends in Florida.
Everything we've been served was excellent, but their tamales stand out. I'm a tamale lover and theirs are among the best I've ever had! The masa is so light and tender, and the accompaniments and service are great too.
You can pay a lot more for a great meal, but why?

Reviewed 9 October 2012

portions small, attitude unfriendly, expensive, tastier food elsewhere. won't be going back ever again.

1  Thank mike r
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Dine there often at both lunch and dinner. Fabulous lunch specials at $5.99 and you certainly will not leave there hungry.
Recently had a evening club meeting there...food and service were excellent!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We love to come to town for El Rancho Mexicano. It was recommended to us several years ago and we became instant fans. Even went for my birthday and they gave us a free fried ice cream. Better than I remember them in the 80's. I'd stop just for dessert. Love the salsa, we stop and get it to go. I love the beef cheeks - hard to find elsewhere. The tamales are great. Lunch specials, if you can get there, are the way to go. We have had about half the menu and liked everything. Free wi-fi too!
Friends, family or just you for sure. Casual business lunch. Comfortable with themselves couples. It is not the place for a first date, well maybe if you are already friends.