“Ignored and walked out!!”

Doug & Lil's Potato Patch Rstr
Ranked #19 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I went in this afternoon while my son was attending a reading class. The hostess sat me immediately and I heard her address the sever that table 2 had been sat. From that point, I watched the waitress talk to the table about the soup consistency, then go to another table. She looked at me 3 times and never once came to my table. I never got a menu, I never got a drink, I never got acknowledged!!! I sat there for 10 minutes before I just walked out and left. I will never go back. This place had been recommended to me. But, after this type of treatment they can forget it!!! There was no excuse either..... I am a past server myself and when there are only 5 tables with customers and you can't handle it, then you suck and should find another job. Like a gas station!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Doug and Lil's Potato Patch Restaurant is located on US 17&92 in DeLand FL, not far from Stetson University and the downtown areas of DeLand. THEY ARE ALWAYS BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. So come and visit, however, do not be in a hurry. They have the best and largest pancakes I have ever had. The place is extremely small, however they manage to seat you within a reasonable time. Worth the effort if you like good breakfast.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Can't say the food meets cost here. Quite expensive for the area. There are a few places near by that are just as good for 30% less.

1  Thank Harley D
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Cozy little spot that you can drive right by if you're not paying attention. Attentive staff greeted us right as we walked in the door and invited us to seat ourselves. Waitress suggested the pork chop breakfast. Pork chop was okay, but eggs were cooked perfectly over medium (as requested) and the hashbrowns and pancakes were exceptional. Would definitely return.