“Was pleasently surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Waco, Texas
“Was pleasently surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I have stayed at this location in the past and was pleased with my stay, but not overly impressed. I usually stay at another location in the area, but was not detered by staying here. The property is very well kept and looked almost the same from my last stay, which was over 3 years ago. I was greeted at the front desk with a very warm greeting and it got better from there. The room that I had was completely remodeled from my last stay. New bedding, furnishings, and even a flat screen tv. I did have problems with the wi-fi....come to find out, I was trying to hook up to the wrong connection. Easily fixed by a conversation at the front desk. Now I will have a hard choice the next time that I stay in DeLand. Location has a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins location right next door.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Beethoven55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I had a king jacuzzi room . The staff was very friendly. Place was very clean. Decent little breakfast. Perfect for the price. Another reviewer contends the scrambled eggs were real.... I would bet not! HAHA

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank miamimiket
Frenchburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed at this location for three nights while my husband enjoyed a fishing break. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The service was good. What else do you need? They had an outside pool and hot tub, but we didn't use it. Our room was cleaned and restocked everyday. My only complaint was the Wifi is terrible. I kept getting disconnected. This seemed to be a busy motel. I noticed there was a "no vacancy" sign up a couple nights. There were a lot of noise in the hallway but it eased off at bedtime. We did have a scare the first night. We recieved a phone call from someone claimning to be from the front desk. They wanted our information because it was lost due to a computer break down. I didn't give them any information over the phone. I went to the front desk. They said there was a scam going on in the local motels. These people were trying to get your credit card information. I feel that if the front desk knew of this they should have warned the guest before checking in. We did stay at another motel, different brand, and they had a paper in the guest room telling the guest about this scam.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tyme4relaxing
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

I stayed for 1 night in Dec. 2012 while visiting family for the holidays, and I must say that I was impressed. I read the other reviews on TripAdvisor prior to my stay at this hotel. The hotel looks recently refurbished, and the property is in really good condition. I booked a double queen room. While there was nothing fancy about the room, it was a decent size and had 10 ft. ceilings. Room smelled clean and the furnishing & carpet were all in like new condition. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The beds were firm but fairly comfortable, and I got a good night’s sleep on it. I can tell the hotel staff really does their jobs here because I didn't have one single complaint about this hotel or my room. The free breakfast is served adjacent to the entrance lobby, and the breakfast area is a little small if a lot of guests are in there at once. However, the scrambled eggs and sausage links were very fresh & extremely tasty. There was also coffee, tea, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, muffins, and waffles available. I highly recommend you take advantage of the free breakfast because the quality of the food was very high. The breakfast staff should be commended for a great job!
To sum up, Comfort Inn Deland is not fancy but is a clean, comfortable & quiet place to stay and get a good night’s rest. I would stay here again next time I am in Deland.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wes R
St Johns, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

The room was very clean. The size of the room was on the smaller side as far as hotels go, but it was comfortable. The beds were firm, the TV worked, there was a coffee maker in the room, and the bathtub was efficient and had hot water immediately. The breakfast in the morning was very good and included real scabbled eggs and sausage links. There was also waffles and various fruit items available. The coffee was tasty and the dinning room was comfortable despite the loud whinny kids (some parents!!). The staff was friendly and helpful. I paid $81 (military rate) plus the rip-off 12% city gotch-ya, I mean tax. Overall this place was worthwhile and I would stay here again if I needed a room in DeLand.

Room Tip: my room was on the bottom floor and I found that to be very convenient. Room 113 was great so I woul...