“All we needed and more!”

Comfort Inn - De Land
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in DeLand
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We went to Deland for Stetson's first football game in 57 years. We got great AAA rates, the king room was spotless, and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The location was great for zipping up to DeLeon Springs and down to Spec Martin stadium for the game. We will be staying there again for Homecoming in November!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StPeteNative

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed recently for one night with a friend. The staff was ultra friendly, the room was spotless, and the price was just right. For $88 we had a king sized bed, flat screen television, mini fridge, and microwave. They also served a nice continental got breakfast. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank amhooper05
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. What stood out was that all 3 employees I came in contact with (front desk staff at check-in and check-out and a housekeeper) all asked about our stay and genuinely cared about us as guests. The only tiny downsides were that the pool was a little dirty (bugs), although we saw someone cleaning it later in the evening and that one in our party was momentarily stuck in the bathroom when the door jammed and wouldn't open, then the handle fell off on the inside. Luckily there were others in our party to jimmy it open from the outside. The woman at the front desk was very apologetic and things happen so I definitely wouldn't hold it against the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FLTraveler68
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I came to DeLand for some Skydiving and stayed here for two nights. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is really friendly; specially Lisa and the lady from the Breakfast (cannot remember her name but she´s super sweet). The second night I received a better room for the same price :).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MarcosParacaidista
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We are two pilots flying frequently to Deland to do a annual checkup on a plane. Fou years in a row we decided to stay in this hotel for six or seven days. This year we had a bad experience, one evening we came back in our room and we found a Cockroach on one of the beds. We killed it and brought it to the person in charge at the frontdesk. She told us this is common in Florida and could not do anything about it. The day after we talked to Lisa the manager from the hotel and complained about the Cockroach and the way her employee handled this situation. She confirmed to us this is common in Florida. We asked her if she could give us some discount or whatever to compensate this incident. But she could NOT help us, it is what it is, you have to pay the full amount for your stay at the hotel. We believe this is not acceptable. A Cockroach finding on your bed !!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Anne P
Lisa C, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - De Land, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I am sorry our hotel did not meet your needs. I would like to apolgize for any inconvenience. You were given a one night credit for your inconvenience and a sincere apology by all of our staff. We do hope you will give us another try next time you are in our area. We have a very clean hotel and we are serviced monthly by a pest control. Specific times of the year in Florida it is a little harder to prevent some issues from occurring due to our extreme temp differences. Again, I truly apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn last month for 5 nights - this was my 4th visit in 2 years.

The hotel is easily accesible - rooms are clean and large (if a little dated...)

The staff are great and are always happy to help - like providing menus for the local takeaways !!!

If you stay here then you must eat at the Deland Fish House 300 yards from this hotel - it is excellent !

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank shorehambeachUK
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed here during a one-night business trip last month, in a king-bed room. The room was extremely spacious, but dated in its decor and furnishings - the carpets, draperies, linens, etc. looked worn and and not updated in style/color, but they were clean and manageable for one night. I appreciated that the room had a fairly large mini-fridge with freezer, and a microwave. I didn't notice any ice or vending machines anywhere - there certainly weren't any on the 2nd floor where I was staying. I wonder if they were on the first floor and I just didn't see them? There were coin-op laundry machines on the 2nd floor - didn't use them, but noticed they were there. The breakfast was actually pretty good for a budget hotel - - there was a make-your-own waffle station, hot items like eggs, breakfast potatoes, meats; there were baked goods, yogurts, cereals, etc. and the set-up was pretty nice. I was there on a random Wednesday and I noticed the hotel was extremely full and there wasn't much seating for the breakfast, so I just took mine up to the room. I'd recommend this place for short business trips or maybe for a family that wants more bang for the buck with the free breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nolaJP
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeLand
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland
Artisan Downtown
Artisan Downtown
#2 of 8 in DeLand
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to Comfort Inn - De Land? Share your experiences!