“An excellent place for lunch”
Review of Cooks Cafe Express

Cooks Cafe Express
Ranked #63 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A small but tasty cafe tucked inside the mainstreet building downtown Deland. Started in 1983. Fresh, cooked to order burgers, sandwiches and fresh salads. Homemade soups and bread bowls. Homemade desserts to die for. Low price but big in quality.
Winter Haven, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent place for lunch”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Both of the "velvet" chicken soups were very tasty, and our sandwiches were very good. If you go there around lunchtime, be prepared to wait in line, because a lot of local business people eat there.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
DeLand, Florida
“GOING DOWN HILL”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Customer is always right? Forget it at Cook's. Turkey was very dry - and the young host told me it was great - really? Two of us were eating it. I felt guilty asking for something else - as if I did something wrong. Not to mention it was my birthday. Waitresses are great - but it was getting 'old hat' - will stay away for a while and see if it gets better. At least the 'attitude'.

Visited December 2013
DeLand, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All of the soups are absolutely deliscious!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Everything on the menu is truly great. This is a fantastic American cafe and everything is local including the bread. The staff is incredibly friendly and you can have a great meal with drink for under $8.

• Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“A Scene Out of Seinfeld”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The food is good, menu is limited a few basic sandwiches and a couple soups and the service is pretty quick. But watch what you say to the woman at the register or there will be no food for you!

Visited March 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Really 3 Stars with a Big +++”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Cook's Cafe was on the ground floor of a big office building. There were actually quite a few stores on the first floor. The cafe was basically like any other lunch time coffee shop or cafe. We read over the menu which was posted on the glass before we entered the cafe. We were very surprised to find several dishes on the menu which appealed to our vegetarian lifestyle. We both had a cup of rice and bean soup. I had a veggie sandwich and my wife had a veggie burger. We also got homemade potato chips. The food was nicely arranged and served on a tray. I found the food to be tasty and nutritious. When I'm in DeLand again I'll certainly keep Cooks Cafe in mind. I would be very happy to return.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Cooks Cafe Express? Share your experiences!