“Out of the advertised Special Ice Cream flavor”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Friendly’s - CLOSED

Friendly’s
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Florida
“Out of the advertised Special Ice Cream flavor”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We visited here in the evening and wanted the advertised Birthday cake ice cream in our sundaes.The wait staff l came back after we ordered and said they were out of that advertised Special Ice Cream flavor. Obviously we were disappointed. Slow service.

Visited May 2013

“The smell is so awful you will gag.”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

No idea how the food or service is. I used to love going to Friendlys for ice cream when I was little and thought it would be fun to take my 3 kids and husband. We had to run out of the place to keep from throwing up. Someone should bring in cadaver dogs. For real.

• Visited April 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Now I know why its empty..service, attitude, and lack of training and no presence of management!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We walked in around 1030am and as soon as we got through the LOUD beeping door chime, we saw the host sit a party of two right next to another party...The entire restaurant was EMPTY. When he approached us, and at that time, a 30 something waitress asked if he would be alright... and he replied, "just got tripled"(with a frown)...... I asked him not to seat us next anyone, seeing that the restaurant was empty... Everyone know that you seat every other table in your 3-4 table station and not right on top of each other for at LEAST some privacy. (now I know why), he response was he was "I'm only one on". If he can't handle a triple of deuces, than he should be/needs to be retrained. The waitress who asked if he was alright, could be heard from our table (which proved to be that he was upset and sat us at the last table, next to the kitchen, wait area, telling the cooks how she wanted her meal, "on a bun"....... As we saw him walk by us and give us a dirty glance, he was just sat his forth table.....Now come-on...... We didn't want to train him on the fact that wherever the guest wants to sit is his obligation to appease them...to create repeat customers... We left and went to IHOP.... They had enough staff, managers, and busser. The proof was they were packed... Great service and fast food.

• Visited July 2012
Delray Beach, Florida
“Up Charge for waffle fries??? REALLY?”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We arrived at 10:30 or so. We were asked if we wanted breakfast or lunch... breakfast. She sat us down between two occupied booths and the entire restaurant was open...? What no privacy? Way under staffed? Couldn't put us by the window to make it look as if there were patrons inside? We waited a few and Louis came and explained to us that he had a walk out? OH NO...REALLY?? The restaurant is close to empty and he shouldn't be telling new guest about and walk out..... He's not going to be around, if someone walks out, that says to me that there is a lack of sever/ Mgr presence on the floor. He took our ice tea order and we perused the menu... Time goes by and I noticed that we haven't received our drink order..?? I looked around and saw Louis holding our teas in one hand( no tray service!) and talking to, who we noticed later, the Mgr. He caught my eye and brought them to the table without lemons??? Really?? We had to ask for some??? He brought out two in a ramekin. Louis took our order( no specials here? Soup dejour? etc) and informed us that waffle fries were and up charge??? FRIES??? Seriously? While we were waiting for our food to arrive, I looked for Louis to refill our teas, he was on his phone in the far corner standing next to the mgr?? I looked to a server who was at the host stand and his response was that the server would be right over...? REALLY?? What, obvious lack team work in this building? Whatever happened to Look out for the guest? About the same time Louis and the Mgr were walking by and Louis didn't notice our teas glasses by the edge were empty. He was fixated on the table across from us, that was dirty and had been there for a while. The Mgr asked if we would like more tea... DUH... At that time, the server at the host stand said "I'LL get that". Knowing that the Mgr was at our table, but he couldn't be bother before.... trying to impress the MGR? He didn't impress us with his lack luster attitude for service. As we were waiting for our meals to arrive we wanted to see all the up charges were on the lunch menu..... ( Guest at the booth next to us were noticeably upset over the up charge for waffle fries!) we looked for our server and no Louis... We waited and I finally got up and went to the host and waited for anybody to come over and ask what I needed. We received our lunch menus. Food arrived and it was cooked perfectly... Burnt toast, just that way I like them, omelet with fresh veggies cooked exactly the way she ordered. There wasn't a table visit or check back from the Manager nor Louis. Now were done and waiting for Louis to present the check.... Where's Louis??? Bill arrived and we left. No up selling about the ice cream cakes, or gift cards. Whatever happened to seeing that nice commercials about Friendly's ice creams?? Is that why the place was empty or I was out of the loop on the lack luster service there..... I hope this is not a reflection on Friendly's service nationwide. DaveB..

• Visited May 2012
Cold Town USA
“Ice Cream”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I heard this place had the best Ice Cream I have to say it was ok. I love Ice Cream and theres was less than good

Visited April 2012