I had read reviews on this place, as I always do, and they were excellent so I was looking forward to my stay. I had stayed at Berkshire on the Ocean a couple years ago, which I believe is a sister resort, and there's no comparison! I've stayed in a lot of timeshares in southern FL, and this was the best by far. Check-in by Ricky was very efficient and accommodating. We arrived around 1 pm, and we knew check-in wasn't until 4. Ricky said to feel free to go to the pool and he'd find us when he room was ready. He did that within 15 minutes!
We were pleasantly surprised by the accommodations and we stayed in one with the older furniture - we heard they had updated some of the rooms with more beachy decor. It had a good sized bedroom, dining area, living room with deck (and we had an ocean view!), and then I found the kitchen a little while later, which was an entire separate room as in a house. I had never seen that before in a timeshare. It also had sliders off the kitchen, which I didn't understand since it just led to the outdoor walkway, but it did let a lot of light into the kitchen. If you want privacy, you have to close all the blinds because there are windows everywhere!
After checking in, we returned to the pool, which was beautiful! There are actually two pools - one salt water - but they were working on the salt water one all week. We met many nice people out at the pool throughout the week. They're all owners and return every year and have a reunion. We loved it so much that we wanted to buy a unit, which was amazingly inexpensive; however, we finally decided that we'd rather go to different places and maybe exchange for there again in a couple years.
The best part of the whole thing was the location. Atlantic Avenue, which is THE street in Delray with all restaurants, shops, etc. is just a couple buildings away. It literally takes 5 minutes to walk there, which we did often.
I would recommend this resort to anyone and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional vacation rentals in a charming interval ownership resort with fresh & saltwater pools, tennis and more in beautiful Delray Beach. Enjoy beautiful ocean views from most of our one and two bedroom accommodations. We are just steps from the beach and within walking distance of everything that Atlantic Avenue has to offer! Come stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Berkshire by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkshire By The Sea Hotel Delray Beach
- Berkshire By The Sea Delray Beach, Florida