I just spent 4 nights at the Breakers. It is an older property that is clean and well kept. The location can't be beat. It is right on the ocean. The units are decent sized and come with everything you would need. Full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, and utensils. Some of the appliances are old, as well as the furnishings. One thing that I found odd was having only a 19" television in the living room and no television in the bedroom. I really enjoy watching tv in bed and I missed not being able to do so. But everything is very clean. They do have a washer and dryer on site. However, the dryer was broken for my entire stay. Both were starting to show their age. But who can complain when they were free, along with the laundry detergent. They also have free WiFi which worked well, although it was down one day but promptly fixed. The pool was fairly clean and also showing a little age. The pool area itself was very nice with plenty of chairs and an ample supply of very comfortable beach towels. There was a nice large patio outside my room with plenty of seating. The beach is just a short walk away. They have about 6 cabanas on the beach with plenty of chairs, which were also starting to show their age. But I suppose there's not much you can do being directly on the ocean with the salt air. There is also a free continental breakfast every morning from 7-10 AM, along with a complimentary newspaper. It included coffee, orange juice, muffins, danish, and cake. They also set up a bunch of trays with coffee pots and decanters for the orange juice which I thought was a great idea. Definitely not anything fancy, but well stocked, clean and nice to have every morning. I also found the coffee to be outstanding. I found the staff to be extremely accommodating and friendly. Housekeeping was also very nice. Directly next door to this hotel is Wright By The Sea which is the highest rated hotel in Delray by TripAdvisor. That hotel was jam packed and I could hear a lot of commotion going on over there. I think they had a live DJ one night. I would guess the Breakers were less than half full during my stay which I actually enjoyed. It was very quiet and you almost felt like you had the entire place to yourself. I would definitely recommend this hotel, although it depends what you are looking for. If you want a lot of action, this isn't the place. If you want a nice, clean, friendly, peaceful place with a nice "beachy" feel to it, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Breakers on the Ocean, we take great pride in catering to our guests. We offer a variety of accommodations and amenities. Our one and two bedroom fully equipped apartments located on the perfect beach setting right on the Atlantic Ocean. Located in beautiful Delray Beach, on two acres with 200 feet of white sandy beach front, we provide a relaxing, serene setting offering pool, beach, mini golf, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Delray Breakers on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakers On The Ocean Hotel Delray Beach
- Delray Breakers On The Ocean Delray Beach, Florida