“Great location. Dated inside.”

Delray Breakers on the Ocean
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a stellar location sitting direct ocean front. You can walk into the sand. There are beach chairs and cabanas available as well as a pool in the center. Great ocean view from the semi private balcony. The room was clean. The kitchen is smaller than expected and dated but does have a small oven and stove top. There is a full fridge. And dishes as well. The bathroom was also very small. The sink is separate from the toilet and shower. The bedroom and closet is nice sized. The pull out couch is thin and I can't recommend that. The breakfast is lackluster but the coffee was good. Customer service was awesome! ! Location is awesome! For the price it's great.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Beachgirl1234

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I placed a $425 dep in October, based off the pictures on line. we arrived to paint chipping, dirty pool, dirty rooms no deposit return- false advertising! don't stay here, you will be disappointed. they claim the pictures on line are for the rooms they photograph...oh by the way, it is not water view unless you walk out of your room . I sent my mother to see this-they showed her the Model room...not Room 11 that is for sure. I actually started crying for it was really awful. Please don't bring little kids here...

Room Tip: good luck with that!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank vmb21
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We could not have been more pleased with our stay
My husband and I were extremely well taken care of
Close to everything, on the beach, clean; and the value you are getting, a 1 bedroom apartment for the price of a hotel room.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank StaceP136
Reviewed 11 April 2014

First - An ocean view room is a joke. Do not get too excited because in my "ocean view" room, I could barely see the ocean from about 1/4 of my window.

Second - The room is awful. I felt like I had returned to my old college apartments - outdated carpet, furniture, appliances, and utilites. I did not want to touch anything because it was so old. The bed was awful. There was no TV in the bedroom. The doors were rusted and were extremely difficult to open and close. Wires hanging from the ceiling outside the front door area. Just awful and trashy. Also, there was no hot water.

Third - Overpriced. I could have paid an extra $30.00 and stayed at a chain hotel, such as the Marriott. What a mistake I made - lesson learned. Staying at this motel is the equivalent of staying at a 49.99 motel off the interstate. The only reason I paid $250 for a night was for the location. The fact that it was on the beach is this motel's only redeeming quality.

Do not trust the photographs on Trip Advisor - they are outdated.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $30.00 and stay at a chain hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Was so pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is. From the staff at check in till check out they were so helpful. The room was very clean maybe some feel just a bit outdated but totally fine. You can stay at other swanky hotels but your not staying on the beach and able to walk from your room and not have to cross a street. The little cabanas on beach are great. The pool has a handicapped accessible chair lift . Definatly staying again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BELLYWOPPER
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We are former Delray Beach residents and have returned annually for a spring break vacation. We have stayed in many condos and hotels on A1A, however this was our first stay at the Breakers. The condo/hotel's beachfront location, for the price, is hard to beat. I agree with other comments that the unit furnishings are a little dated. However our unit had a very large living and dining area and large bedroom and was very, very clean (housekeeping comes everyday). We actually enjoyed having furniture that was a little 'tired'....we felt more relaxed.

We had an oceanfront room, which really sold us. The price was great (used our AAA discount) and could not be matched by other hotels when requesting oceanfront. We have stayed at other condo/hotels in the exact same area and ended up paying much more for the oceanfront rooms.

The kitchen is small, but who really cooks large meals when you are on vacation in Delray? Each unit had two comfortable lounge chairs and a separate table/chairs for outdoor dining, if you did cook. The lounge chairs were great for drinks in the late afternoon.

The location is also perfect for walkers/runners. You can walk the beach or run/walk on A1A. We ended up walking to Delray nearly everyday...opting to leave the car at the hotel.

We loved the cabanas on the beach, which is common in the Delray area. We are going to rent here next year...and plan for longer stays when we are retire.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank MarcellaJ
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It's single story and right on the beach - that is the reason you would stay here. All the rooms have kitchenettes which makes it really easy to have a low-key relaxing stay and not have to worry about going out for breakfast and lunch. (we usually go out for dinner or carry-out from a restaurant as it is close to downtown Delray) Sit on your patio have coffee or cocktail at the end of the day. It's "old florida" and our family has been coming here for over 20 years. My parents stay here for 4 months and all my brothers and sister and kids come down for winter break. The rooms are clean but VERY dated. Totally fine with me - it's kind of a joke amongst our family. If you are looking for new and luxury this is not your place. The people who work here are great. Also, the hotel has changed owners recently so they have done some updates - new beds and linens which are really comfy. The place is nothing fancy but I really love it and how relaxing it is here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Hyatt Place Delray Beach
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach

Been to Delray Breakers on the Ocean? Share your experiences!