“Good food, good service”
Review of Tryst - CLOSED

Tryst
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
New Windsor, NY
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I liked everything about Tryst. They have a lovely patio but we ate inside; late morning on a Saturday. We were on our way to the tennis tournament. Everything was great. My only minor complaint was that the menu was very limited. I would recommend this to anyone.

Visited February 2014

Middle Island, New York
“Great Happy hour-Knowledgable Bartenders”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was an everyday stop. The food selection, quality and service was great. Their wine and beer selections are all top rate and excellent prices.

• Visited January 2014
Plainview, New York
“ARE YOU KIDDING”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

went to this restaurant with family and can't tell you how disappointed we were with the food. I returned my"fish and chips" because it was over fried beyond your wildest imagination. The fish was non existent because of the over frying. The manager had an attitude.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Marc S
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Family Dinner on a Saturday”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We decided to dine out this evening and my wife selected Tryst on East Atlantic Ave, in Delray Beach. We were welcomed warmly by the Hostess and settled, with menus, at a nice little table on the veranda. Our server was quickly at our table with the daily specials. It is clear that the meats are organic, the vegetables are fresh and local. They call themselves a Gastropub, but I will think of them more as a unique locale for great, innovative dishes along with a pretty good selection of micro-brews and a wonderful list of "Wines-by-the-glass".

To start, my wife ordered the "'bahn mi' lettuce cups", which are comprised of braised pork belly and a lot of other things. They were superior. She then had the Mahi Tacos and I went for the Artisan Cheeses and the Charcuterie Board. I expected my wife to help out, but she didn't need to. Our Four-year-old opted for the Chicken Fingers. For beverages, my wife selected a micro-brew and I asked for their Mojito. Those of you who have seen my reviews of places here in Delray Beach will recall that I am a Mojito Divo and have selected the Mojitos at Cabana el Rey as the best in the World. Well, that has not changed. However, this Mojito was fine. We both opted for a glass of wine as we moved into our meal.

The service was absolutely stellar. He knew how dishes were prepared and the exact items used -- really stellar. We use the opinions of servers very often as we select our dishes. The support staff was everywhere and supported the servers with great success. Not to mention that our son really liked our server's tats.

Finally, the food was wonderful. I just can't express the level of perfection. My wife sighed over the Tacos and, for me, the cheeses were wonderfully unique and were served with just the right condiments. The selection of Itialian meats was super and, again, came with just the perfect condiments.

Finally, my favorite restaurant remains Cabana el Rey (across the street), but I have a strong preference for Caribbean fare. Tryst's menu of "New American" dished with an Artisan twist is really neat and I strongly recommend it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank stewartjoslin
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great Bar with Some Food”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Had seen Tryst for years and decided to try it. Their beer selection is extensive as well as a very good wine list. Unfortunately there have a limited menu, 9 appetizers plus a couple of specials. I had "bahn mi" lettuce cups, braised pork belly, pickled carrots and daikon, etc in butter lettuce, very good. My wife had the "mac & Cheese du jour.THey have 8 entrees plus some specials. My wife had the mahi special and I had the Tryst burger which was very good.

I would go back if they had a more extensive menu.

Plenty of outside seating, both on the street and a side patio.

• Visited December 2013