“Awesome”

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Amazing hotel! I would highly recommend this to people. Off season is a bargain. Beach Club is quiet during the week and quite busy on the weekend. The house car is wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 23 July 2011

The Seagate Hotel & Spa is a jewel of a place. The location is perfect as is the setting. The staff can't do enough for you. The rooms are impeccable and well appointed. The shuttle takes you everywhere you want to go and there is also plenty to do within walking distance. The restaurant is 5 star. I can't say enough about this place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This place is a treat. The decor is modern and comfortable. Great beds, linens, amenities. Sweet pool and spa. Friendly staff (including fast valet parking!) and a special bonus is the off-site beach club where you can hang under and umbrella, host family for lunch, have a drink brought to your chair and rent a kayak.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are in the back facing
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Reading some of the reviews below makes me realize how hard it is to truly gauge a place based on reviews from people you don't know. Some people seem to think the goal of a review is to look for flaws, but I wouldn't want to vacation with that person! Fortunately, this hotel has very good and well-deserved reviews.

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Seagate Hotel. The staff is helpful and accommodating, the rooms beautiful. The on-site cafe has very good pastries and coffee, and the shop has a wide range of items from affordable to very expensive. The hotel restaurant has Happy Hour specials from 4-7, and we enjoyed yummy appetizers there. Two great amenities that made this hotel stand out: while it is walking distance to the beach, the trolley drives every half hour for the Beach Club. It's a bit of an inconvenience to not be able to walk to a pool in the hotel, but the beach club has staff to set up chairs and umbrellas on the beach or at the pool, as well as a restaurant overlooking the ocean. This wouldn't be the case if the pool was on-site, I suspect. The pool is small, but the real draw is the beach. (Watch the cost of the restaurant, though. You're paying top dollar for that beautiful view, so ask about restaurant prices before you order. We accidentally paid for an expensive buffet when all we wanted were small sandwiches.) The second thing we appreciated most and did not know about beforehand was the house car that drives guests anywhere they want to go within a five-mile radius. We could walk into town, but if we wanted to get there sooner, the car would take us and/or pick us up. There is even a movie theatre within a 5 mile radius (don't walk--my husband and I tried, and it was a bad idea), and the hotel will give you a ride. All in all, it was a relaxing stay and we can't imagine going back to beautiful Delray Beach without staying at this hotel. For all the amenities, it is quite affordable; they got the Travelers' magazine Southern Hospitality award for a reason!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
Reviewed 31 May 2011

When I read reviews, I find the “cons” that people report to be most useful in my decision to stay there or not. While this place had some cons, it had more pros. But I will try to be as detailed as possible.

THE CONS: Take notice that this hotel is not situated on the beach, you need to take a trolley from the hotel to their Beach Club. (The Beach Club is a little club house with a restaurant & small pool situated right by the beach. They have a few chairs & umbrellas that sit poolside, a restaurant, outdoor bathroom/locker rooms with showers and a bunch of chairs that can be set up by the beach as well as some water sports/actives nearby on the beach.) So make sure that you have everything that you need before you leave the room, because it’s a hassle to get all the way there & realized that you forgot the sunscreen. It was required that food & drinks at The Beach Club be charged to your room. You didn’t have the option of paying cash or credit/debit, which I would have liked to do. But I guess in the end, it doesn’t make a difference. Also, I didn’t get to enjoy the food that they had to offer by the beach because during the Memorial Day weekend all they had was a buffet style lunch. The lunch was $20 and not very good.. burgers, hot dogs & fries. Over cooked and under seasoned fillets of salmon & mahi-mahi, a salad & fruit bar, KRAFT macaroni & cheese and a few other options. I expected a little more but that was ok. I wished that the pool at The Beach Club was a little larger. It was small, filled with children and full of sand from the nearby beach. Also they don’t allow you to talk on your cell phone nor do they let you bring any outside food. Children don’t bother me & I don’t mind them running around & having fun in the pool. But if they let kids run & scream crazy while their parents are out of sight, at least let me talk on my cell phone for a few minutes if I have to. My boyfriend & I grabbed an iced coffee at the hotel’s café & went to board the trolley to take us to the beach but were told that we couldn’t bring any food or drinks with us.. so we had to sit on a bench to finish it before we left. They seemed to have a lot of rules. Additionally, I would have liked the option to self park instead of valet at the hotel.Also, as people mentioned, the walls of the guest rooms seemed to be very thin & we could hear people moving furniture in the rooms adjacent to us. Those were the only things that I noticed but they weren’t really all that irritating.

THE PROS: The lobby, café, spa & pool area were so beautiful and relaxing. We really enjoyed looking at the interesting fish tanks and browsing through the shop. The staff was very polite too. The room was fantastic! Very spacious with a large bathroom that had a separate shower & jacuzzi tub. We requested a king bed which was comfortable & luxurious. There was also a couch that converted to a pull out bed, desk area and nice sized balcony. The lights were adjustable in the bedroom & bathroom, you could have soft lighting or bright lighting, but it was a little hard to figure out the push button light system. Room also had a Keurig coffee maker, microvwave, mini bar & selection of snacks. Overall it was clean, relaxing and luxurious. I really enjoyed the bathtub/Jacuzzi in the bathroom with sliding doors that let you look out into the bedroom… so relaxing especially with the bath salts & bathtub pillow they leave there for your use. The pool at the hotel was calm & relaxing as well if you didn’t want to be surrounded by a bunch of kids, people & activities at the Beach Club. The service however at The Beach Club was very nice, with the pool boys helping to set up your chairs and make sure that you were comfortable. The beach was beautiful too… I loved it! We also loved the location of the hotel. We decided to walk down Atlantic Ave and check out the restaurants & shops for dinner. It was a really nice & fun atmosphere and we really enjoyed ourselves. We also chose to have brunch the second day outside of the hotel as well at a place within walking distance called Café La Luna which was delicious. In total we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend The Seagate Hotel to friends and family.

2  Thank key05
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My husband and I needed some relaxation and sunshine so we decided on Delray Beach. Our friends recommended the Seagate Hotel so we booked a 4 night stay. What a great decision that turned out to be. From the moment we arrived the service was incredible. Without asking our room was upgraded to a deluxe with a view. Everyone we came in contact with from the bell hop to the valet guys to the concierge were friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and beautiful, the location is primo, and the option of going to a private beach club was wonderful. We will absolutely go back and stay at this treasure of a hotel!

Room Tip: Tell staff it's your first time at their hotel
1  Thank Ugalover
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Great location in Delray Beach: a short walk past several small bistros to the beach. An even shorter walk down the stairs to a tranquil swimming pool area. The hotel provides a complementary trolley to the nearby restaurant and shopping district.and keeps a town car available for short hops.

Smart casual elegance describes the mood and atmosphere of the public areas and restaurants. In-room safes, well stocked Keurig coffeemakers, and microwave ovens add to traveler convenience. The high definition large widescreen television has multiple inputs for personal electronics and a good selection of viewing options.

We conducted a comfortable small business meeting at the hotel in one of the well appointed suites.

Not to be missed; a side trip to the greenhouse and botanical garden of the American Orchid Society. We did not have time to visit the adjacent Japanese Garden across the street from the botanical garden.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#3 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!