“What a great weekend getaway!”

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Really enjoyed our long weekend at The Seagate Hotel and Spa!

We flew into West Palm Beach Airport and made arrangements via the concierge for car service to/from the hotel and were so happy with that decision! If we had rented a car - it would have been an unnecessary responsibility and liability yet a comparable expense! what with the cost of the car rental / any insurance / the parking fees / the time to pick up and drop off -
AND - once you're at the hotel - you don't need a car!

The hotel offers free shuttles within a 3mile radius which is amazing! and if that wasn't enough, there is also a free golf cart shuttle service in Delray Beach that provides free rides in the area! What a great benefit of staying in this area!

We happened to be there for Halloween so the hotel was decorated to the fullest and we were there for the final game of the World Series - which we watched from "Boston's Pub" - which was understandably Crazed!!! ( even though we don't root for Boston - it was really fun! )

From the hotel you can walk to so many shops / bars / restaurants along the beach or along the main street - Atlantic Ave - walk a vibrant area - Friday night concert just off the Avenue - great people watching and if you like cars... well you will see them all !

During the day - we jumped on the hotel shuttle to the hotel's private beach club which is just about a mile away - it was perfect! nice pool / restaurant for lunch / great beach with lounge chairs / towels / showers - and the staff was so helpful and accommodating!

Room was beautiful - the gym was fully equiped - spa was very nice ( only issue we had was that the steamroom was out of operation due to a plumbing mishap )

The hotel offers a really cool bar / lounge / live music / and some fish tanks you have to see to believe - sharks / jelly fish - so cool!

if you are looking for a getaway that offers a nice beach / and a cool casual atmosphere within walking distance to great food and drinks - this place is a great choice!

we certainly hope to return soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harryandisabell

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I highly recommend, it to everyone! Top class service. I left my phone in the taxi, apron my arrival and Jose at the concierge's desk would not give up until he tracked down the cab and got my phone back to me. I had no clue which cab company I used, after several phone calls and some detective work, he got my phone back! Excellent service! Most people would've given up, but not him. 5 stars!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a boutique hotel in a small quaint city. The rooms are nice. There is no view from the rooms so don't pay extra for a certain room type. The property is a short walk to a public beach and a little longer walk to their private beach. They also have a trolly to get you there. The room is very clean and large. The problem is the service. Most employees are not nice. Check in seemed to be a bother, the service at the beach club was horrible. Apparently people in the town are members and they are catered to. The only way I got lunch and a drink was because I found a waiter. The first waiter I encountered told me he was only the drink waiter, but still offered no drink. The young men in the coffee cafe at the hotel are mocking. The waiter in the hotel restaurant unpleasant. The impression is that they are not happy working there. Maybe the HR person is hiring the same personality of person? Not pleasant at all. If that one area improves this could be a good place to stay. The spa is nice, the treatments are excellent and professional. The food from room service and the restaurant is good. If only someone would smile and be pleasant. You know fake like they are happy you are spending $400 or so a day to stay with them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you got the cash, go to Seagate. It ain't cheap but the rooms are awesome, the balconies big, and the bar crowd and restaurant great. The Seagate isn't directly on the beach but you can walk to the Atlantic ocean from the place in about 3 minutes. But why go the the public beach when you can go to the Seagate's private cabana club on the ocean. Very top of the line and high end.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

It's been a while since I visited The Seagate Hotel, but when I think about the couple of times I've been fortunate enough to visit, absolute relaxation comes to mind. (Keep in mind, I make a point to travel off season). The rooms are immaculately clean, quiet, and spacious. Everything from the lobby, to the gym, pool and restaurants are kept in top shape. And, if I need to do a little work, the internet in the room always seems to work great (frustration free!). What more could I ask for?

Keep in mind, the beach is a few blocks down the road- which can either be walked or you can take the free (and very regular) hotel shuttle to the Seagate Beach Club (included in the resort fee), which has a beautiful pool right on the beach and is a great spot to grab lunch.

Not being right on the beach may seem like a draw-back, but it actually has it's perks. One of the best being that you are the much closer to the great restaurants along Atlantic Avenue. Vic & Angelo's Italian Restaurant is a must- see separate review.

Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: One tip: Neither pool seemed crowded (again, I was there in the off-season), but the one at the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ffejym2
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our birthdays in Delray Beach last minute and luckily came here to TA for some advice. We were originally going to stay at the Marriott but after stumbling across the Seagate reviews decided to give it a shot.

We showed up with no reservations and booked a basic room which I'm sure would have been nice for the night. The very personable young lady at reception named Simone asked if we were in town for any special occasion and when she found out it was our b-days she upgraded us to a room with a balcony and very nice jacuzzi tub. It was very thoughtful and much appreciated. The room was surprisingly nice as well was the rest of the property. Every employee we came across went out of their way to make sure all was well.

We decided to go to their beach club for a few hours which is on an amazing stretch of beach. When we got back to the room to start getting ready for the evening there was a knock at the door and a pleasant surprise . Simone from the front desk sent up a birthday card for the both of us as well as fresh strawberries and some fine bubbly. Very much unexpected and the kind of touch that wins you a loyal customer for a long time to come ....nice job Seagate & thanks again Simone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

PROS:
Just returned from 3 nights at the Seagate. (We have usually stayed in a hotel up the street with an ocean view)
We had attended a birthday party at the Club on the beach in August. That event was enough to decide that our next trip would include a return visit to the hotel.
What a great idea! Oh my! Loved it!
The staff, particularly Max, one of the managers (?) was amazing! I do not want to go into details so the whole world isn't trying to find him....lol. The staff, and Roger, our driver, were outstanding! I look at the staff like hip, younger, sheik and extremely efficient! Totally cool!
We had to change rooms and our first one was an oversize king facing a peek of the ocean. Very clean, nicely appointed, very comfortable bedding, great lighting huge bathroom, good size patio and comfortable seating area.
We moved to a king suite on Atlantic...separate bedroom, large sitting area, 2 flat screens and an enormous terrace! Love the jetted tub plus walk-in shower, huge vanity and sliding shutters between bedroom and bathroom- very fun!
The resort fee which includes transport to the Seagate Beach Club, towels, chairs, beach staff for drink service, umbrellas etc. is an incredible value. You can eat lunch indoors or on the outdoor patio or poolside. The food is very good and the willingness to accommodate special requests is so effortless! When I asked Kelly, our amazing server, if she could give me this and not that and could I add on something she said " sure, that's very easy!" how pleasant!
CONS: Soup? Really? Can't rap my brain around soup when it's 88 degrees
AND for goodness sakes, can you let the guest decide if they want a terrace light on? Where's the switch? Oh Yea- there isn't one! Not a fan of the all night light! There are blackout shades-
Loved our stay- love the Beach Club and there is a pool on property by the spa which is very pretty, quiet when I was there with lots of both sun and shade.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!