“Best of Hotel and Beach Club”

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The Seagate is a great choice for family's or couples. I recent went with the kids and had a corner parlor suite which was fantastic. Service overall was super and the beach club was fantastically convenient with great food and awesome views. We used to stay at the Marriott for the water views but I'm making the switch!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aaron G

Reviewed 30 June 2014

After staying at both Hilton and Crown plaza hotels during my vacation we happened upon the seagate. The bedding was top notch, room size right, robes, decor and service. Everything works to have a great stay, including a free shuttle to the private beach club

1  Thank mark g
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I arrived early on a Friday morning and were able to check in right away. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a deluxe room. It was very clean, spacious, nice toiletries. We went to the beach club every day and had lunch while there. The menu was great, prices reasonable and able to charge it right to the room. Beach staff was wonderful, from getting an umbrella and chairs to drink service. Our last day was spent at the pool at the hotel, it was very quiet and relaxing. We were able to arrange for a very late check out since our flight wasn't until 5pm. Hope to be back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I always like to preface by saying I am a high end corporate event planner...Cant say enough about the Seagate Hotel. I stayed for a month and my parents for 2 months. They took great care of us. Its in a perfect location, there is a lively bar with seats outside and fire pits so you can watch the action on Atlantic Ave, the staff are so helpful- they drive you into town (which is walking distance) or pick you up from all of the great restaurants-especially great in the rain or for parents :), its very upscale contemporary in look and feel. There is a funky pool attached to the main building and a little cafe to get snacks/cappuccinos-which they make excellently and a beach club in walking distance or shuttle which is stunning and the restaurant attached to the beach club is excellent, gorgeous-right on the ocean. They have a golf club as well. I love it at the Seagate, its the perfect winter escape from NY, its upscale, it has a great vibe-it makes me happy and its a super mix of upscale guests!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

There is only one option for parking and that is valet service at this hotel. You can't park yourself and quite frankly I don't know why you would want to? But we noticed that quickly as the parking garage entrance says "valet only". There is no parking available on the exterior of the hotel. The valet was busy when we arrived and wasn't on site at the entrance so my wife and I proceeded to the check in desk. A smooth process and we asked for help in making a reservation at the Atlantic Grille restaurant on site. The concierge wasn't at his desk either? A rough start but things got sorted out and we were in our room in no time. A king size room but no tub? A large walk-in shower completely covered in marble from floor to ceiling for two adults. And that suited this anniversary celebrating couple just fine! If you want a tub you have to upgrade your room. Room service was slow our first morning as we left a message with the front desk. We got a follow up call about 30 minutes later but we were running late for our business meeting and passed. There was turn down service every night with ice left in the bucket. Our car was always waiting for us when we went down after calling for it. The hotel offered free shuttle or personal vehicle transport to the Seagate Beach club just a few short blocks from the hotel on the beach. If you are staying in Delray Beach this place is worth looking into.

Room Tip: Rooms 413 and the ones on this side of the hall have no view as the window faces the brick wall of t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HPCBarnabas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed as a couple for 1 night with a group that received some discounts for parking and lodging. We had some issues with check in, which was partly my fault due to changed accommodations than we had originally booked. This did not have caused them to have to change our rooms 3 times.

I finally returned to the front desk because they could not get it right. I must say that once one of the managers stepped in, he took care of the problem immediately and because we were moved 3 times, gave us a upgraded room and apologized profusely. So they get A for service.

The room was very fresh and clean with very comfortable bedding and lots of very nice shampoos and such in the bathroom. The bathroom was large and beautiful. The fridge was loaded with goodies along with a basket with all sorts of good stuff (chocolate pretzels, nuts, cashews to name a few), but as everyone knows, those items cost a bunch.

We went to the beach club on the shuttle, which was very clean and ran every 30 minutes if I remember correctly. The beach club was nice with a pool, cabanas and beach services for beverages. The umbrellas and lounge chairs were all free and well attended.

We had drinks and some appetizers in the restaurant. The food was good, drinks affordable and the service was excellent. There is a room in the restaurant which is surrounded by clear glass wine racks that was decorated beautifully for a private party. It would be a really special place to have that dinner for a large group.

The shuttle or private town car will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, which was really nice as there a many restaurants and bars in the area. The hotel also has a small snack bar where you can get that latte or snack if you wish.

We did not utilize the Spa or pool area. The Seagate is a really nice hotel with very nice amenities. Be prepared to spend some money it is not cheap. Even with our discounts, it was $200 plus for the King double occupancy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory L
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sea Gate for the 13th and 14 of June. We have been to Delray Beach manytimes and expected the Sea Gate stay to be an indulgence in comfort and service. The reality was "not so much". You have to valet park, no other options for $19 a night, you have to pay a $30 per day resort fee and a lot of taxes, etc. Our $149 rate turned into $400 plus for the 2 nights. Then it takes a lot of time and effort to figure out the lights, fans and various other switches in the room. The other problem is the room looks like it is decorated for Christmas with the lights all out. There are about a dozen red & blue lights. Our shower had absolutely too little pressure the first morning which they fixed quickly but why should I have to tell them. I assume the maid cleans the shower and could have reported it. The reception staff were quick to help but nobody actually tried to do anything "above & beyond" even when there had been a problem. Also the hotel puts a hold on your credit card that includes $150 per day for incidentials! They do not mention that in the checkin process just got this huge "charge" notice from AMEX that I had to have them explain. My point is the place is new yes, but don't expect any thing exceptional despite their high ratings.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delray Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!