“Amazing Spa Experience”

The Seagate Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was lucky enough to have received a facial the other day by a professional, calming, knowledgeable and skilled esthetician. The spa is gorgeous and the treatment rooms are beyond relaxing. I wanted to stay for a massage! The staff was lovely and I was offered some amazing products that were used for my facial and was treated to make-up application by Yves Saint Laurent artists who were on hand with mimosas, coffee, fruit and muffins. Relaxing by their tranquil pool was the cherry on top. I think I am moving into The Seagate. Not only is the hotel the only place where our company executives will stay when in town, but I have urged family and friends to stay there as well. They are now lifelong fans. One family member ignored their FREE nights for Marriott across the street in favor of a great rate at The Seagate. It is THAT wonderful. It does not hurt to have access to Seagate Beach Club on the beach, or the PGA approved golf course at Seagate Country Club. I love this property and it is Delray's best, by far.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle E

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Spent 3 nights; 14-17 Aug. Front desk staff has a serious attitude no emotional intelligence... "Can't do" attitude. The front desk staff seemed unhappy and not willing to assist, not trained with any hospitality skills. Every attempt to call front desk, housekeeping & room service the phone rang without any pick up, the calls then default back to front desk who respond by saying " you need to call room service or housekeeping , rather than asking how can we assist, again always attitude, very condescending.

Massage therapist at spa totally alarmed my wife. His inappropriate comment regarding a pectoral muscle knot caused great anxiety ruining our family celebration.

The only positives were the outstanding service at the Atlantic Grille. Especially Mark and his staff were excellent. Our server Kristen was outstanding!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Travelwriter2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I'm here right now for business and simply love Delray Beach downtown and The Seagate. This is a very cute town that also seems a bit flashy and the people have some money. Lovely cars everywhere.

I checked into The Seagate in early evening and first impression left something to be desired. There was no hotel representative out to greet or park the car for a while, which soured my welcome. I also really confused the front desk when I asked for my room service charges later that evening to go ahead and be put on a separate folio. I just know I will need to work that one out in the morning. First impressions aside, the staff is very nice. The valet that wound up helping me was very nice and even greeted me when leaving the gym this evening.

The lobby here is wonderful and sets the tone for your stay. Lots of marble, fresh flowers and a huge aquarium are just some of the touches. You walk into your room and the finishes are just tops all around. The bathrooms are some of the best I've seen, beds are impressive, snack and mini bar selection rules and there were even fresh flowers in the room.

Why four stars you ask? The first impression bothered me, their spa facilities shut down at 8PM, so no post workout steam room or shower and the chicken on my room service Caesar salad was not something natural. You can't serve five star shrimp cocktail with a fast-food level salad!

Would I return, of course. His place has a special quality about it and worthy of its high reviews.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank ittessot
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have to agree with the reviewer who was critical of the front desk. The reception was borderline rude, as was the person attending the gift shop when we stopped in. Fortunately, the experience in the cafe was pleasant.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelMeHappy00
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Seagate for 3 nights and we couldn't be any happier we choose this great hotel. The front desk, beach club, drivers and housekeeping staff were some of the best we have ever encountered. The hotel and beach club were beautiful, clean and a great time. Near many bars and restaurants on Atlantic Ave, can either walk or take the house escalade. Just a great place and will definitely be coming back!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coachaggie
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Seagate for our honeymoon and we loved it there. It was like a home away from home. They upgraded up to a suite which was perfect and sent up a bottle of wine, they were always helpful and friendly, going out of their way to assist us. Customer service in the US put's the UK's ''service'' to shame. The facilities on site and at the beach club were excellent and the location is so convenient for the beach and.shops, bars and restaurants but not so near that you are in the thick of it. We have absolutely no complaints and would love to go back one day.

Room Tip: treat yourself to an upgrade as it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Seagate for business for two nights. It is a beautiful hotel inside and out. The problem is the front desk. They appear to be very unwelcoming and caring of the hotel and its guests. I checked in at approx. 10:00pm on Aug. 4th and the man behind the desk seemed to not care at all. We were not even addressed by him. We did more talking than he did. There was no mention of any hotel services or amenities. We were simply given two keys and that was it. We were only told of services by others if we asked. Other quick encounters with the desk also seemed brief and forced. Again, the Hotel and the room, which was 339, were great, but the lack of interest or apparent caring by the front desk is unacceptable. On the first night we called down to the desk twice and nobody picked up the phone. On the third try they did. We asked for some toothbrushes and toothpaste, which was brought up. Housekeeping was good, as was our dealings with sales. As a Preferred hotel, I would expect more from front desk personnel. Somebody needs to manage the front desk operations better. I would return, but I would speak up if I received the same treatment again, and then would most likely never return. It's such a nice hotel to not have friendly, caring and welcoming people there at all times.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Delray Breakers on the Ocean
Delray Breakers on the Ocean
#11 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to The Seagate Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!