“Very good storefront restaurant”
Review of Jimmy's Bistro

Jimmy's Bistro
Ranked #47 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Jimmy's Bistro... the menu is ever-changing featuring fresh, hand made pastas, cheeses, sausages and pates as well as meat, fish and seafood dishes with French, Italian and Asian influences.
Delray Beach, Florida
“Very good storefront restaurant”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Blackboard menu with everything home-made, Small wine list with boutique wins and sustainable wines. Started with excellent pork/shrimp dumpling and very good Delray ceviche with outrageous home-made potato chips. For entrees, we had pappardelle pasta with a pork/beef ragu very good, short ribs that feel off the bone with a very rich, flavorful sauce, grilled hangar steak and braised rabbit which was good.

• Visited December 2013

Delray Beach, Florida, United States
“not bad, but not so great either”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The atmosphere was quite nice, until the small dining room became packed. Could not hear the music since the crowd volume was overwhelming. The food is prepared well, but overpriced. I've had better house wine at other restaurants. Service was ok, but since we sat in the middle of the room, there was constant movement and anxiety of the server walking back and forth. This an intimate restaurant but did not have the feel. Too many tables, positioned too close to each other.

• Visited November 2013
Wellington, Florida
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had lived in Delray for years, but never experienced Jimmy's Bistro. We were recommended this restaurant by a good friend and fellow foodie - We were told about the chalkboard menu and fresh daily food deliveries. We made a reservation and arrived on time. We were sat at a metal patio table inside the restaurant (??). The waiter eventually brought a set up and a wine list. The wine list is OK nothing very special. We asked the waiter for a recommendation and he had nearly nothing to say except the fish is always good and the pasta is homemade. Additionally, with the corner table we could not see the chalkboard and the waiter was unwilling to tell us anything about it. We had to stand in the middle of the crowded small space to see the board. We had the tomato and mozzarella appetizer and the dumplings. Both were good. It took about 30 minutes after the apps before dinner was served and we had to ask when our food was going to be delivered. We also had to ASK for more wine - this always frustrates me because restaurants make TONS of profit on wine and when you have to ask for another glass of wine, they apparently make enough profit and don't need to sell you anything else, and more wine and attention makes the wait less obvious.....For dinner we had the Loinfish and the chicken ravioli (which was recommended by our friend). The Lionfish was a little dry but the sauce and the julienne zucchini was very good - the fish was not great and the dish was erased off the board after we ordered it, so it must have been the last scrap piece... The ravioli was excellent and I would recommend this. But the experience was just bad mostly because our waiter was poor, the other two people (wait staff?) in the dining area had much more personality then our guy. Maybe IF we ever go back a different waiter would improve the overall experience. For a restaurant with only 10 tables, one would figure this would be a very personal high class experience- not for us. There are plenty of good restaurants on or near Atlantic Ave in Delray, I would only consider this again as a last resort.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Joe S
Highland Beach
“One of the Best restaurants in Delray Beach. Jimmy is an incredible chef. Variety of menu and homemade pasta is amazing.”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Jimmy's Bistro is always our " go to" restaurant whenever we want to impress new people with the best food in Delray Beach. This restaurant has never disappointed. It is small so a reservation is an absolute must . But I'd you are one of the lucky folks to get a reservation,you are in for great food at reasonable prices. Jimmy even came over to our table yesterday to tell us personally about new items on the menu and the fresh tile and sword fish he just got in that day. There was not a drop of food leftover on anyone's plate yet the portions were just right. So you know this place is great. I cannot wait to go back . Special occasion or not, Jimmy's Bistro is fabulous. Hats off!

• Visited October 2013
Boca Raton
“go elsewhere”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I wanted to eat here after hearing so many good things about this place. I came in with my wife and asked for a table, but I was very rudely chased out of the restaurant by a crazy looking lady saying that there were no tables for me and even the bar was reserved. I asked if I could put my name down and wait but she said they "were booked for the night." So to be fair, the food smelled good but since they wouldn't give me any, it is a terrible restaurant.

Visited June 2013