“Sophisiticated and delicious”
Review of Max's Harvest

Max's Harvest
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Harvest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 414 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We dined here with friends last night and really enjoyed everything about Max's Harvest. The cornbread served as a complimentary appetizer was absolutely full of flavor and our meals were excellent. We shared the macaroni and cheese and it was the best I've ever had. Loved the quality and texture of it.

My entrée was the risotto and I tasted a friends schnitzel. Both were delicious and the accompaniments were great.

I very much look forward to our next visit and trying the deserts that sounded heavenly.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This restaurant is situated in the trendy Pineapple Grove district a couple of blocks off busy Atlantic Avenue. Even so, parking spaces were limited. I managed to get one along a curb a block from the restaurant. I came for brunch. There was a crowd, at the indoor and outdoor tables. It was too hot for curbside dining, for me anyway. I was led to a table in the rear dining area as all the tables up front were taken. The place had a neat bistro character. Tables of dark, heavy wood with comfortable chairs. Black and white photos, from bygone decades when this district was a farming area, adorned the walls. Very interesting.

I ordered the Harvest Omelet: "short rib, fontina, arugula, red potato hash." This entrée arrived in reasonably good time given the busy conditions. I would have liked some bread or toast to munch on while I awaited my order, but no bread or rolls or toast was forthcoming. And none came with the entrée when it was brought to my table. The omelet left me underwhelmed. I didn't taste any cheese, so there certainly wasn't much of it in the omelet. The potatoes were tasty and had a nice crunch, but there was no hash! I was disappointed in that. The arugula was sitting on the plate like a garnish rather than being incorporated into the omelet. All in all, a disappointing entrée.

Service was very good. My waitress was cheerful and efficient. My rating is actually a 3 1/2.

2  Thank Bunmaster2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This new venture in the "Max" family of restaurants lacks the sophistication and polish of the stable of restaurants that preceded this new eatery. The Delray Marketplace is a large outdoor shopping plaza that was recently completed in Western Delray Beach off Lyon Roads and W. Atlantic. It has a wide variety of shops and restaurants that complements big box retailers and a movie theater. Other than the dearth of parking spaces, it is a perfect location for one of Max's restaurants. Unfortunately, the staff is disorganized, poorly trained and often confused. My family would be understanding if the restaurant was busy or the staff was polite, but neither was the case. Once the hostess figured out who we were and identified our reservation, we were seated in a congested area, in uncomfortable chairs and with no table settings. It's too bad we got off to a bad start because the menu is interesting with a little something to satisfy a wide variety of tastes and a pleasant atmosphere. Our waitress tried to be helpful, but the kitchen was slow to deliver our appetizers but then served our entrees before we had completed the first course. Then our dessert took forever to come out. Once the staff figures out how to manage their business and run on all cylinders, this is a can't miss eatery. All the ingredients for success are present, they just haven't been able to put the pieces together.

1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Recently visited Max's Harvest for a big birthday dinner. They were offering a limited menu that was Summer BBQ theme, so the regular dinner menu wasn't available. We knew this before making a reservation, and thought it would be a fun theme and something different. The food was insanely delicious. Everything was coursed, plated and prepare perfectly! The entrees and sides were sooooo good. Whole roasted hog, southern fried chicken, brisket, sweet potatoes with jalapeno butter, roasted Brussels, smoked potato salad, and THE MAC & CHEESE! which was the best any of us had ever tasted. The make-your-own ice cream at the end was kind of blah but we didn't care because we had way too much to eat anyway. Cute idea, but I don't enjoy sharing dairy so would have opted for the cobbler that was originally planned on being served. No biggie. Our server Stephanie was the one who really made the whole experience complete. Great food doesn't taste the same without the right person serving it! She was knowledgeable, attentive, thoughtful, friendly, and wasn't phased at all at the size or demands of our group, which was made up of a bunch of "in-the biz" people so we tend to be a little critical :) someone has a severe food allergy and they made sure she was at-ease and didn't go hungry which is always great. Pitchers of fun summer-themed drinks were a great idea too!! Such a great night

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good food -- the brussel sprouts appetizer was to die for. Nice wine list. Little overzealous with truffle oil, but overall flavors were balanced and delicious.