“A CHARMING LUNCH”

Ranked #18 of 422 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A chic and casual bistro tucked away in the Pineapple Grove district of Delray Beach serving modern American cuisine, artisan wines, craft beers and hand crafted cocktails
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I came for lunch. Therefore, I was relegated to ordering from a limited menu. There was scenic outside seating available in shade. But I opted for an inside window seat, which allowed me to take in the view outdoors and to absorb myself in the ambiance indoors. The restaurant has class and charm. Colorful poster/paintings, which a waitress described as "French bistro art," adorned the walls. A nice touch, I thought. Wine racks held an impressive selection of fine wines from Spain, France , Italy, New Zealand, the United States, including Napa Valley, among others. Wine could be had by the bottle or by the glass. And there was a decent selection of beers.

I opted for a sandwich, the Curried Chicken Salad with "all natural chicken breast, curry aioli, toasted almonds, golden raisins, cilantro, arugula, tomato," on toasted multigrain bread. It was accompanied with a side of fries. The fries came with a small container of chili aioli, for dipping. The meal was tasty.

My waiter, Billy (?), was informative, attentive, and efficient. There was lively, pleasant music piped in. My waiter referred to it as "classic rock." The volume was just right: not so loud as to be annoying, but loud enough to wash out the background din.

A most enjoyable meal. I just wish the food selection had been more pervasive. That said, I'll be back.

1  Thank Bunmaster2014

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Brule seems to be a popular spot in Delray Beach and I am not sure why. My wife and I ate lunch there twice, because our first experience was ruined by an obnoxious waiter. So we thought we would give it a second chance. There will not be third chance. On our first visit, the waiter came to the table in filthy kitchen attire. He obviously was involved in food preparation. His attempt at humor missed the mark and he ended up just being rude. It took an extraordinary amount of time for our food to arrive and it was not cheap. The second visit was not much better. Average food at an over average price. I guess they make you pay for the wait because, again, it took very long for the food to arrive.

1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed 26 April 2014

excellent service, fine dining and delicious dishes far from the delray crowds.
our table enjoyed starters of meatballs with ginger, zucchini flowers, crab cakes and duck sausage - they were all very tasty, fresh and nicely presented.
our entree selections - fresh sashimi style tuna, scallops and fish of the day were all very good.
good food, a decent price for wine, attentive service and very pleasant sidewalk dining - a short stroll away from the crowded main delray avenue.

2  Thank highlandbeachflorida
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Once again, as we have before, went to happy hour at Brulle and we love it! The bartender, Randy, is great! Makes you feel sooooooooo welcome. This is very important. Atmosphere is warm and cozy. The food is wonderful. This time I had the wedge and the burger. Will always go back, and always enjoy. Try it, you will like it.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Appetizers were small, ok..excellent the tuna appetizer was fabulous but so small..
I asked if the main courses were more serious as far as filling a hungry stomach..
Sure they said..
I took the Scallop dish..again nice presentation great taste, but 2 medium size scallops..
Conclusion do NOT go to Brule if you are hungry.
I told the waitress, as I believe that telling the thruth is always important as feedback helps sometime the restaurateur to correct his menu for the better, but the manager did not show up.

1  Thank RobertS2296