“Hidden Paradise!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Hidden Paradise!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you haven't had the pleasure of visitn The Sundy House I highly recommended! This hotel is right in the middle of downtown Delray, however, you won't hear a thing since its cover by gorgeous old trees and tons of vegetation! We stayed at the cottage which was worth it. Very romantic atmosphere and the food is 5 stars! They have a natural pool with small river fishes! Completely stunning place!

Room Tip: If you can please stay in the cottage! Is worth the money!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Parkland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband took me to the Sundy House for our Anniversary. Very quaint, Rooms are older but beautiful. Love the POOL. It is all natural with fish and frogs in it,...super trendy:) Dinner was amazing and very very very romantic! The only problem was a late night train came in about 5 in the morning and woke us up, but other than that it was perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Imagine an exotic, lush tropical oasis, now add artful hotel rooms and the most immaculate five star cuisine in the hip town of Delray Beach...Viola: the Sundy House! My husband and I honeymooned here almost six years ago and have made a vow to return every year since then! The brunch is by far superior to anything brunch you've ever experienced! Unlimited Bellinis, briney oysters, king crab, eggs Benedict, tenderloin and made with love desserts are just a few of my favorite features - there's just too many exquisite foods to mention! The rooms are all unique- no two the same so every stay has the opportunity to be different and grand. The grounds are reminiscent of a Balinese paradise; waterfalls, lizards, flowering trees and all! You will not be disappointed! Please stay here and enjoy their infamous brunch; you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed July 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We fell in love with the Sundy House several years ago....the beautiful lush gardens, the flowing streams and bridges and the romantic gazebos. Tucked away is the pond swimming pool and unique hotel rooms. The brunch is fantastic and you can't beat a romantic table for two nestled within the beautiful gardens. We enjoyed it so much that we ended up choosing it for our Sunday brunch wedding and they did an amazing job! Super romantic and not to be missed!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I only heard about this place because we saw a deal on Travel Zoo. I decided to surprise my husband for his first Father's Day and go to the Sunday brunch and then stay the night. Upon arrival and walking through the gardens, I saw a sign advising the pool was closed. I was soooo disappointed because this is really why I chose this place. The pool is what is what made this place so unique and beautiful. We told the lady at the front desk and she said all she could do was give us a 20% discount. This was not going to cut it as I really wanted our 1 year old to use the pool and swim with the fish. We were about to leave and were getting in our car when my husband realized how upset I was (I was also giving him a new wedding ring that day as a surprise and had it all planned out). He went back to the manager and the manager ended up offering to comp our brunch and said he would provide transportation for us to the beach. We decided to stay and I'm so glad we did. We found out the pool wasn't the only thing unique about this place. The brunch was awesome and the grounds were gorgeous the rooms were extremely clean and beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were above average and upgraded. A nice touch was the robes in the closet of the room and a golf size umbrella to use in case it rained. There was an abundance of staff and they were very helpful, management included. I even came down and picked up desserts to take up to the room which were WONDERFUL. The manager also gave my daughter milk for her bottles which was very thoughtful. The private balcony was a wonderful place to drink wine at night. We dined at the restaurant for dinner and the food was SPECTACULAR!! The pictures do not do this place justice. It is much more beautiful in person. We will definitely come back, if the pool is open again.

I only gave it a 4 because of the pool being closed (due to bad bacteria being in it as it is an all natural pool), the hostess never smiling once while we were there, the valet's lack of help to carry bags and the difficulty in finding a highchair for brunch and the continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
SundyHouseDB, Manager at Sundy House, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Theresa,

Thank you for your comments and for visiting the Sundy House! We are glad you had a good time during your stay. It is a one-of-a kind property in South Florida, with so much to see and experience. You are right to expect a courteous, respectful and professional staff and to enjoy all of the amenities and services that we offer, including swimming in our unique, naturalized “living” pool. That said, we do not use chemicals in our Cenote and occasionally need to assess the quality of the water to ensure our guests are safe and can enjoy the benefits of this beautiful, aquatic eco-system. We hope the compensations were met with your satisfaction and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Went to Sundy House this morning and had the brunch. I highly recommend it. I also recommend making reservations and bringing plenty of cash or plastic with you because you're gonna need it. I see some travelers rated this place as poor well I'm here to tell you people there is nothing poor about this place. You wanna know where the rich and famous are on Sunday morning in Delray Beach well they're all here. The food was spectacular. There is something for everyone here and it is very high quality. There was so much selection I couldn't try everything. From breakfast foods to king crab legs and fresh fruit and desserts it seems never ending. You will not be disappointed here if you are a foody. Afterwards take a stroll around the tropical gardens and ponds they're beautiful. I have lived in south Florida for over 15 years and never knew this place existed. I would certainly go back for brunch and I would also recommend friends to stay at the inn here. The service was excellent but be forewarned a healthy gratuity is automatically added to your check here.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just stayed for the one night, booked through Orbitz, so when we got to the hotel, they didn't have our reservation. They told us to go to the bar, while they worked everything out, which we did and had great service from David the bartender. They came and got us about 30 minutes later, all set to get to our room. Nice comfortable bed, but they only had a pedestal sink in the bathroom, no where to do your hair or put makeup on. All in all it was a good stay, would probably return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple