“Nice hotel but....”

Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a quick overnight escape. Location is great..just about a block from Atlantic Ave.(this is where the action is!!)...but be advised that it is about a mile from the beach(nice walk though but keep that in mind). I booked like 48 hrs before via hyatt.com..I paid a rate which included a late-check out(3 pm). During check-in, I asked about the late check-out and I was told that as long as it was before 3 pm, we were fine. I went to the room, which I have to admit it is nicely decorated(boutique-hotel style) with a king-size bed, a 42-inch tv...nice bathroom, a small fridge, etc....but it is quite dark(lights are not bright enough)....and could not open the blinds because my window was on the same floor as the pool..so if you open the blinds, you wouldn't have any privacy. Also, our closet door was not closing well. I also realized that we didn't have enough bar soaps. I told the guy at the front desk to please give us some more bar soaps...and he said he would send someone over there. When I got back from the beach, I saw that they didn't bring anything. Next morning, we went to get our complimentary breakfast; it is really good(cereal, small donuts, fruit, waffles, toast, etc)...the only problem is that they were out of plates, so we had to use a bunch of tiny plates. Right after breakfast, I went to the front desk just to make sure that we could live at 3 pm. The lady told me that she didn't have our room on the late check-out list, they were totally booked...so the best she could do is give me until 1:30 pm(instead of 3). I was not happy with this, but I still managed to enjoy the beach, whirlpool/jacuzzi/pool and check out right at 1:30 pm. BTW(and I hope Anthony Melchiorri from "Hotel Impossible" reads this part!!!) I realized that the same girl who was at the front desk was also serving drinks at the pool!!!!!....I didn't see anyone else at the front desk besides her!!!. Next time, I may come back just because of the convenient location, nice room, nice breakfast and price...but I still would like to try the Seagate or the Marriott right in front the beach.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room from the 3rd floor and up, so you could have some privacy when opening the blinds
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robchateau

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and it would have gotten a 5 but for the fact that they have some issues with housekeeping. The rooms are super comfortable, the front desk staff is top notch, the bar team is great (and I LOVED the live music!) Breakfast is excellent, a definite step up from Hampton Inn and others in the same price range. Lots of fresh fruit and healthy options. I am also kind of in love with the egg, gouda and potato breakfast sandwich. Yum.

However, the housekeeping team is a problem. On our first stay, we arrived back one day to find that housekeeping had simply abandoned our room halfway through cleaning it. Pillows were on the couch, bed half made - you get the picture. Called the front desk and they were nice as can be and took care of it. Second stay, arrived to find very obvious cookie crumbs all over the floor. Really? How do you miss this? Reported to front desk & asked them to ask housekeeping to be extra thorough the next day. Next day, surprise! Cookie crumbs still on the floor and as an extra bonus, the housekeeper left me a note to tell me that she was out of clean coffee cups, and if I wanted some, I could call the front desk. With a smiley face. And she left me my old dirty cups as another extra bonus. Again, I call front desk. They are horrified. They send up a lovely young man with a vacuum and new cups. They made everything right by me. But why is this a perpetual problem there? It's a brand new hotel and if they can't get a good housekeeping team, it's going to go downhill fast. I feel bad even reporting on it because these people could not be nicer.

I travel 40 weeks/year for work, and I stay in mid-range hotels all the time. For service, location, comfort, this one is at the top. If someone from the hotel is reading this, I beg you, fix housekeeping so I can continue to stay there.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AllisonNNH
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Various out of state family members stayed to visit an ill family member in Delray. The staff was A+...thanks Christopher...and the rooms were comfortable and very clean....great beds. Breakfast was very complete and different daily...we were there 6 days. Outdoor pool was perfect and was open late. Rachel at the bar was wonderful to cousin Tracey & I. Just the perfect stay under sadder family circumstances.

Room Tip: Great nightlife in Pineapple Grove a block away.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I agree 100% with all the reviews but !! the house keeping department taking care of the rooms is not very efficient, in the bathroom of my room around the shower floor mold was building up, the vacuum of the carpet was not done completely, I saw toe nails on it from the previous guess and if you arrived on Friday night there is not engineering personal to fix any thing they are off Saturday and Sunday; otherwise is a very good hotel ....... oh forgot not free parking :-(
$15.00 per night !!!!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms near elevators and entrance to pool or gym, very noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ARMNewYork
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Two blocks off Atlantic Ave, hotel new, clean, great service, friendly very helpful. Great pool
On second floor with great service at pool like a resort. Looking at real estate 5 day this is the hotel I will stay at in the future 10+

Room Tip: Won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen678
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Loved this hotel. Great location. The rooms are very nice, modern and have all the amenities including a mini fridge. Anything else you might need is in the lobby. You can pay to park your car on the property or find easy parking all around the area for no fee. The only thing I wish they had was a balcony or a window that openend. I live up north so always want to feel the air when I'm in warm weather!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was looking for a hotel in the Delray Beach area. After much homework I decided to book the Hyatt Place Hotel. I'm so glad I did! The hotel was perfect from the service to the beautiful pool. I would definitly stay here again. The location was perfect to visit my parents in Kings Point, near great restaurants and the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
Fairfield Inn & Suites Delray Beach I-95
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach

Been to Hyatt Place Delray Beach? Share your experiences!