“Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place because of my son's wedding. Several family members stayed as well and everyone enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were large with the beds extremely comfortable. It has a great location to all the restaurants on Atlantic Ave. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent with a good choice of fruit. The beach is about a mile away, but we didn't go there for the beach, although the one time we went it rained, such is Florida. This was the second time staying at the Hyatt Place and have enjoyed both stays.

Room Tip: According to my brothers avoid the rooms facing the pool since people could see into the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert C, Manager at Hyatt Place Delray Beach, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for visiting Hyatt Place for your son's wedding. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please congratulate your son and new daughter in law on their recent wedding. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you are coming to Delray Beach and do not care to stay ON the beach, this hotel is a good choice. It's new, clean, and in a great Delray Beach downtown location of Pineapple grove. Perfect for being in the thick of the nightlife, shows, shopping, and restaurants. The rooms are a little small, but decorated in the modern fashion, new, and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank krp20
Thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of the hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Delray Beach area.
Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked for my family on April, previously they had stayed there and they where happy with location and rooms. When booking they said I had 24hrs to cancel since I made reservation. Not true, their small letters say you have until 4pm of the previous day before your arrival to cancel otherwise they will charge full amount. I called after 4 thinking that 24 hrs was enough as I made my reservation at 7pm, and they could not help me. I received a very cold email of the manager saying that their 4pm rule was going to be applied, they dont care about loyalty or anything, just money and their madeup rules, even if I explained what I was told over the phone. Not going back again, there are better choices with flexible rules. Segate is a much better choice if you want to stay at Delray.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Giantimo
Thank you for your comments regarding the cancellation of your reservation. I do apologize about the confusion of our cancellation policy. Within Delray Beach and most destination cities within South Florida, the industry standard for room cancellation without penalty is 24 hours prior to 4pm day of arrival local hotel time. Some hotels, such as the hotel you mentioned, currently require 48 hours prior to 4pm day of arrival. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance for future travel to the Delray Beach area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very nice room and lovely hotel. Had a little problem with the air conditioner not being cool enough for me in this eco friendly hotel. However, Davis too great care to make sure I was happy. He is an asset to the hotel. If I could have employees like him in my place of business, I'd be thrilled!!! I travel for work several times a year and I will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mhlyons1017
Thank you for writing such a great review about your recent stay with us. I will be sure to thank Davis for his great service during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

So happy with this hotel! Comfy bed, and nice big couch and sitting area, starbucks espresso in the lobby, great happy hour. Close to downtown a bike ride away from the beach (no walking distance). Walking distance to great food and shopping. Outdoor pool and while I didn't get to use it, nice gym! I will be back. I love that the rooms don't feel like a hotel. And decent breakfast buffet.!

Very, very happy!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Delray Beach. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will see you again on your next trip to Delray.
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hyatt Place is a newer hotel and kept very clean. The location is nearly perfect with a close walk to hundreds of bars, cafés and shops. Also not too far for a walk to the beach but there are also a couple free shuttle options for getting there if you need to ride. The hotel misses the mark on a few points that just leads me to believe that the management is either very new to the hotel business.

My room overlooked the pool on the same level as the pool, so I had to keep my shades closed 24/7 lest I look over to see kids peering in at me.

Also note that their "hot breakfast" is basically frozen breakfast sandwiches that have been warmed in a toaster oven. Absolutely terrible. A Holiday Inn at half the room price has a much better breakfast. There are also no low carb options for those of you who are diet restricted. In addition their sundries shop is non existent opting instead to just sell cookies and sodas at the front desk. at the front desk. Sodas are overpriced and limited in selection with only one diet option.

The worst offense though is that you must watch your bill very closely. They will try to sneak extra charges in on you so pay attention to your receipt at checkout.

Would I recommend the hotel? On location alone, probably, if that is important to you. Otherwise stay away.

Room Tip: Avoid a poolside room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank deadserious
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our AM Skillet Breakfast does include items such as yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal and oatmeal. We do offer egg white selections as well for our healthy conscious travelers. Our Gallery Cafe offers a few low calorie options including Pepsi products, waters and juices. I apologize that you experienced a problem with your bill. If you would like to contact us directly, we will be more than happy to look into any charges that you have questions on. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope that you will return to Hyatt Place in the future.
stamford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Hyatt is a small boutique hotel in the downtown section of Delray beach. Its new, clean and comfortable. Breakfast and newspaper every morning is complementary. Most of the guests were under 40 when I was there, but I do not know if that is the demographic. Its right in the middle of the restaurant/galleries/shops areas so there is no need to drive. At night Delray is impossible to park, so being in the middle of it all eliminates the need to drive to dinner. Take a long healthy walk and you can get to the beach. If not, then you will need to take a 5 minute drive and park.
The hotel is on a quiet street, though all of Delray hears a train pass through the town in the late night as the tracks are in the middle of town.
Unfortunately, like most in town hotels, they charge $15/night for overnight parking but guests visiting are free.
Overall, for my needs a very good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redwineconnor1
Thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Delray Beach.